Starlet n/a '98 (from Sweden) // Update!

Hi Marcus, didn't realized that this is your car until I came back on facebook after six months :D

I tough that you were going more VAG s...t after EP70 :) Good choice and looking car, just your style.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Marcus, didn't realized that this is your car until I came back on facebook after six months :D

I tough that you were going more VAG s...t after EP70 :) Good choice and looking car, just your style.

Haha, I following your project here :)

I did not mean to build on this one when I bought it, but when I realized there isn't anyone who has a rebuilt here in Sweden, then I got motivated :D

Ep70?? Show us your ep70!

Haha, well. There isn't much to show. Its a wreck for now. Rust rust rust and more rust. No exhaust for now, no front brakes and so on. My goal is to get it finish 2018 or -19, when it's tax exempt. And somewhere around those years I'll move abroad too :)

• 3 weeks later...

Have not hapend anything more I think. But gonna respray the car included bumpers, matte white soon.
Maybe I will buy a better front door before the respray, otherwise I take it later.

I may raise the front a little bit. With the Volkswagen coilovers mounted, I can't lower the rear any more before it goes on the bottom, and thats not comfortable at all. Need a shorter coilovers at the rear. Now its from Golf Mk1, and I don't know which Volkswagen model is shorter, but thats okey. If I raise the front more it should look good, but I would like to have the same height at the rear as te front..

Anyway, updates are comes

dscn0837.JPG

dscn0921.JPG

dscn1091.JPG

Get a new door and fit some side skirts to cover the dent and voila!

Everything is so damn exspencive over here. Just a door is 100£, and some side skirts i don't wanna know what the prize is.

But Im looking for som shorter shock-absorber for the rear coils, so I can lower it more

The project may have taken another turn.
I'll maybe buy new wheels this week. 16x8 ET25. I have 16x7,5 ET35 now, so that can be a good wheel setup.
And because I get some new wheels, I want to paint the car army green, that gonna make the car some new attitud.

I know most of you guys think it would be a stupid thing to do. You maybe think it would be ugly as f*ck. But I have a different taste, and at the end, things I do, get a cool look. I have to try :)

The new wheels:
mtxqyma.jpg

And my older Audi A4 B5 with some army green color:
11336824-788883567885579-691997398114911

Didn't buy new wheels. Im doing what I have in mind before :) Saving the money for a trip insted.

But I have Paint the trunk, rear bumper, rear right fender and the right door matte white. Gonna paint the other side this or next weekend.

Have been looking at the ID-Workz Live Sport Style rear spoiler, think its gonna be a buy later some day.

Have also raised the coils a bit in the front, and things are getting nice now, really like how its look.
Some pics below

img-4445.JPG

img-4441.JPG

img-4448.JPG

img-4449.JPG

All for now :)

Front bumper also painted now, and also the left side of the car.
img-4508.JPG

Gonna order some new tyres. Th new setup is gonna be 195/50 on my 16".

Have decided to go for a rally theme.
Changed the front brake discs too
img-4476.JPG

Like the new rally look
img-4520.JPG

Need this rear spolier too :)
img-4521.JPG

Go for the whole rally look and do the wheels white :)

Hmm, naa, I want to stand out, and thats why mint green wheels and brace bar :) Next year I think the wheels and brace bar is gonna be red.

I also have big red rally mud flaps, they are gonna be mounted after the summer at the winter, I think.

• 7 months later...

Hey mates! :D
I'm back again.

Nothing has really hapend to the car. Got Two more Led lights in the front, and H4 led in the front ligths.

14715657-10154613814349859-1813301142486

dscn2099.JPG

Thinking about buting some new JR3 wheels this year. 16x8, white. With 195/45 tyres

dsc-0030.JPG

And also, maybe this rear spolier:
sdc13790-1555.jpg

What do you think??

I could be the only one in Sweden with a tuned Starlet Ep91