1987 "Artic granny" EP70

Here is panhard and bodybracket, have to calculate and think how much have to lower car. Panhard goes vertical level if car is max load, so have to know driving height and coilover length.

108_zpsqm9qaxqh.jpg

Maybe I do adjustable support or not, damn that MOT is pain in the ass, have to think that also. Oem look but shorter is compromise.

109_zpsm66pjai8.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you find a rear adjustable tie rod from a AE92/101/111 then you can chop and weld it into the centre of the EP71 bar then you have an adjustable panhard. Again take a look at my build, there should be photos.

In my picture is all parts allready, left and right tread stubs and adjusting bolt, just cut and paste. Also AE86 parts can use :)

This what I bought from my friend. M16 Bolt.

http://www.mwsteel.eu/store/vastakierre-pultti-p-171.html

Edited by MR-2

Little bit high my rear, Kyb Excel-G gas shocks and oem springs, and no interior and just tools and 12L gastank boot. So horrible to drive with too light rear. If I add weight, all changes so much, better way.

20160409_124510_zpsypctwkn1.jpg

Panhard level on wheels with this setup.

20160409_124616_zpsksrllnxi.jpg

20160409_124658_zpsjmra7mbt.jpg

Edited by MR-2

No more rubbing with OEM panhard. Rear can handle 225 wide wheel, tested, still inside wheel arch, needs rolling if goin low. haven´t desided yet what size tyres gona come, but 15" is my size, best size for track and street tyres.

20160409_124736_zps5dqjbcaw.jpg

Engine comes later, first handling and body must be ready. Some inspiration in my home, everytime I pass this, reminds my goal. 44mm or 38mm Tial for my 5E-FTE setup, don't know yet...

20160409_130149_zpsv66j1tlh.jpg

I'm gona do own towing hitch for this car and I have old 2 person Sprite Cadet camper. Also managed towing papers for my MR2, so why the hell not. Can tow 400kg camper without brakes and Sprite weights 380kg.

20160409_175330_zpsppnmazdt.jpg

Battery cable from MR2, gona remount battery in trunk somewhere, all wiring and fusebox gona go hide in engineroom.

20160410_201803_zpstlft4vuj.jpg

Brakebooster and some brakepipes for Starlet maybe. Brakelines must do new, wanna those new road to rear and hiding engineroom lines with pressureadjuster in the cabin side also. Adding hydraulic handbrake also in the rearline, normal cable wires gona stay also for MOT.

Front twinpot brakes are from Levin and rear are still under thinking, shoul I use drumbrakes, so much better handbrake and rear is so light :/ Don't wanna too big brakes and 15" wheels are best size for me. Too much problems with wheels if four pistons calibers in front, hate that hasling...

FB_IMG_1445574309219_zpskrxrgarf.jpg

FB_IMG_1445574183939_zpsqr30myxk.jpg

Oem Toyota quality disks citronasid cleaned. Strugling with rear calibers, can't get pistons out, do I have to put other calibers or buy recontinied new calibers or repairkit. Fucking rusted pistons...

All went fine, but rear pistons won't come out, arg:) Good tips wanted without breaking seals, tested compressed air and rotating woth proper tools, not a chance. Maybe have to compres with brakefluid and same time rotate? These were very rusty before asid. Or I put n/a drumbrakes back to newcoming axle.

And news for brakepad hunting, SW20 Rev2> turbo pads fit to Levin brakes, me stupid have lost one pad, aborted those from my old brake setupu before Brembo calibers :/

20160411_114438_zpsrllroyew.jpg

Purchased few extra Depo corner lamps for future, so hard to get nearly anything to this model :/ Hunting also new bumpers and fenders, also turbo bonne. Rear sideglass seals for hinge version needed, if somebody have, I pay fair price + sending cost to Finland?

20160413_094658_zpsj260pjxd.jpg

Glad to know that I'm not alone with idiot building ideas :)

I maybe distric power to 300hp and 300-400Nm torque. All gona be custom made later, first I have to get it legal here in Finland, so have to do basic 4E-FTE version and before that temporaly 4E-FE.

And handling first to street/track use, this gona be streetcar. Now using it dailydriving car and doing long days at work, so very slow going forward :/ And need money also, living with my son together and have to think him also, and girlfriend :)

Hopefully somebody is reading this topic, feelings are that I'm here speaking alone :D

Ep70's are not as popular as the gt and glanza. Which makes this the perfect sleeper for me, it lighter and does not look fast in any way.

Also I owned a glanza before and I already think my ep70 is more fun to drive than my glanza was.

Seems like a pretty bad ass build. Im going for 250whp using a td04 with forged 5efe myself since I will use it as daily also and because of the traction issues, huge tyres won't fit unfortunately.

Will defo follow this one here

And not building this shit only for 1/4 mile, have to be fast everywhere, hopefully fastest fwd Starlet in Finland, man have to have goals :)

And grannylook is so must for me, "Civic killer" is my another project name...

That first time when You try EP70 with oem steeringwheel, tyres and pedals <3 Can´t believe how sensitive car feels and that thing is weight.

P9 is so fatty, don´t worry about that, early P8 is bigger challenge to beat. Okay, another cam, turbo, wastegate, intercooler, LSD, bigger brakes, coilovers, rollgage, arbs, etc, then it weights maybe 800kg max. I have scaled my EP70 and it was 740kg with 14" alloys, 5spd gearbox and all interior on. Very curious other peoples P7 driving weights...

20160413_203016_zpsnrobqatl.jpg

Tooked donation cars panhard away and maybe cut ends away. Then new bar and adjuster between. So rusty panhard, have to think if EP91 U-shape shit panhard must destroy if needed, to get ends. Body ends are same on both, but axle end bushing system is different. And what length panhard should I do, hard to calculate without proper coilovers, man should know riding height first :/

20160413_203016_zpsnrobqatl.jpg