Taggys Track Day Slut - Mission To Get Her Sub 7xxkg!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had thought about this but didnt want to start cutting into the structure of the car, im worried it may effect the stiffness of the car so im gonna leave that alone. Loads of other easier areas to weight save, so gonna do those first.

what you could do i cut out the boot well and replace it with some metal sheeting.

Yeah i'll strip it out first to what im happy with, then ill take it down to get it corner weighted again to see what the weight disribution is like. I think you can transfer it diagonally across the car by adjusting the coilovers.

Still got plenty more to do yet before that though!

nice, another thing to bare in mind is weight distribution. blace the weight out, move some of the stuff to the boot - battery, washer bottle, cooling fuilds..ect ect.

Nice work on the weight saving.

We are trying to get our civic sub 700kg's. (a bit more extereme)

However, all the race batteries I saw were round about the 6kg mark, a normal small battery is around 7kgs.

What is the CCA on the battery you've got? looks like a bike battery which surely won't be enough?

Edit, just seen it says on the battery. I'd be very wary about using that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I been sittin on this one since it happend as i havent been motivated, but with the wiff of track season coming back up, im starting to get on the case. I labled all the engine bay pipes up last week so gonna start taking it apart Sunday.

I am gonna take this out, take a quick look at the crank and see if its scored or not, if it is im not gonna mess around repairing it and taking a risk. I break the engine, turbo the lot and sell it. I have got another complete engine lined up for £600 which includes all the turbo, everything.

So i can just drop it straight in without messing around.

THIS TIME THOUGH I LEARNED MY LESSON, if your gonna rag it on track the following is a must!

Uprated dials showing, oil pressure, oil temp, accurate water temp and warning indicators, my engine spun a bearing as my car didnt tell me it was overheating! completly missed the dial on the dash, its just not obvious enough when i was concentrating racing.

and the holy oil cooler!!

Once thats all back in I reckon the next weight saving areas are going to be

Start cutting out boot and door skins

Poly Carb Windows

Aluminum fuel tank (will save 10kg just from this)

momo steering wheel rather than the heavy steel one :D

I could go on forever lol

Lets get the engine back in first, there are loads of good bits on mine still, so if anyone wants to buy a new turbo, no play tight as a nut and no smoke. Rocer cover, head, block, alternator, inlet manifold etc

Best of luck, wanna see this tearing up the tracks again next summer! :D