Ok, so I managed to get the external LSD and bolt it up today! Rob had removed it so he could get the shafts out! So I went and picked up the LSD and shafts!

Now I have 2 LSD gearbox's! An OEM one and a EP91 box with a Cusco LSD.

What's better? Presume the Cusco?

Ok, so I managed to get the external LSD and bolt it up today! Rob had removed it so he could get the shafts out! So I went and picked up the LSD and shafts! Now I have 2 LSD gearbox's! An OEM one and a EP91 box with a Cusco LSD. What's better? Presume the Cusco?

Good stuff !!

An OEM LSD gearbox has an open diff. Looking through the driveshafts holes proves nothing! As the diff is actually external in the casing that sticks out.

Charlie do you have any other pics of the OEM box stripped ? Or any pics of the diff itself ? Cheers.

An OEM LSD gearbox's internals are no different to a NON-LSD gearbox.

The OEM LSD gearbox has an open diff exactly the same as a NON-LSD box.

The only difference is the casing which bolts on the side of the box. This casing contains some cogs which must work in the same way as an aftermarket LSD. Maybe someone could explain further home this works?

Gearbox without the external casing on.

Posted Image

External casing

Posted Image

Together

Posted Image

Cheers for the pics bud, its just im toying with the idea of trying to mod a LSD into my 4wd gearbox, well strip the diffs and see if they can be built up as one. Longshot but might aswell try.

Anyway from those pics the OEM LSD isnt gonna work.

Although i reckon a 4wd diff would fit in an OEM LSD box (with the side casing removed) and the transfer box would bolt to bell housing... No real gain in this apart from a better 1st gear.