brake upgrade pedal feel

Okay so we all know the stock glanza brakes are rubbish all round so I'm upgrading to 260mm twin pots.

Will doing this also improve brake feel as when I press the pedal now it has a lot of travel in it before it does anything.

Going to be bleeding the full system as well and adjust the pedal as best I can so I hope it will feel like a more modern car.

What are your experience with getting bigger brakes.

Thanks

Im sure there is a bigger brake booster you can fit from another toyota from the same era that would help with that but with twinpots it wont feel any different although you will need to apply less pressure to achieve the same results with the standard brakes.

Okay so we all know the stock glanza brakes are rubbish all round so I'm upgrading to 260mm twin pots.

Will doing this also improve brake feel as when I press the pedal now it has a lot of travel in it before it does anything.

Going to be bleeding the full system as well and adjust the pedal as best I can so I hope it will feel like a more modern car.

What are your experience with getting bigger brakes.

Thanks

You've obviously got air in the system somewhere if you have a long pedal. Standard brakes are fine with a decent pad / disk and fluid combo. At the end of the day the car weighs nothing so they never need crazy sized brakes.

You have to be careful when fitting larger piston calipers / extra piston calipers, they will have a higher CC requiring more brake fluid meaning your pedal could get longer again.

• 2 weeks later...