Cusco LSD? Can anyone Confirm? Advice? Educate me :)

Hello guys,

Been offered a LSD, supposed to be a Cusco one that was removed from a Glanza Box with equal Driveshafts.

Now, I know what a differential looks like. But unsure if this is a LSD? or Even Cusco? there are no markings on it.

At the moment my car has No LSD, and just wants to torque steer into trees, cars and hedges.

Heres some photos if someone can confirm and educate me :)

LSD10.jpg

LSD9.jpg

LSD5.jpg

LSD6.jpg

LSD2.jpg

LSD1.jpg

LSD8.jpg

LSD3.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys,

Been offered a LSD, supposed to be a Cusco one that was removed from a Glanza Box with equal Driveshafts.

If it was removed from a box with equal length drive shafts then it's an OEM LSD not cusco!

Oem lsd has a shortened drivers side drive shaft, so there pretty much equal length. And you need a different engine mount and flywheel cover mate. Will not fit in a normal gearbox casing

im running oem lsd there no where near equal lenght theres like 4 to 6 inch diference in them

You sir are right! Think I still have oem lsd internals some where in a box, will dig them out to compare.

nice 1 count the 5th gear combo cogs theet to check ratio

same with diff and output shaft

as there is different FD and different size 5th gear setups out there

Shit someone called the drive shaft police, lol I Know that's not the case and I'm still unsure why people say (equal length drive shafts) but it's a lot shorter than normal and I've never been that anal to get a tape and measure them. As LukEP already said it and to save a petty dispute on the length of a drive shaft I also said pretty much the same length.

Why did they use a shorter shaft and a longer box? What was the extra bit of the box used to accommodate?

I know the limitations of my knowledge on gearboxes and it stops at what they look like lol.

Why did they fit a long coupling and short shaft?

if you look at an oem lsd box there is an extra bit on the box that houses the lsd if you had the two beside each other you'd notice the difference straight away

When I had a OEM LSD Box in my glanza, the Driveshafts were noticeably different. Also, as mention had a different mount.

This Diff has come out a standard box, that uses the normal drive shafts found in non-LSD boxes.

Im mearly asking,does it look like an LSD? Or Does it look like a standard non-LSD.

In a wheelbarrow.

Lol, I had just driven from Weymouth in a 200sx to pick it up. Had to get it to the shed somehow :)

Was like 3-4 years ago now tho.

Edited by Johnny

that's completely wrong information lol

So you tell me what other glanza box has equal length drive shafts?

(If your being anal!! "More equal to the standard open diff length")

Edited by lukEp

So you tell me what other glanza box has equal length drive shafts?

(If your being anal!! "More equal to the standard open diff length")

I'm not being anal at all I'm not talking mm here lol oem lsd boxes come with a small shaft they arnt more equal at all that the standard non lsd drive shafts ....

Top two shafts are non lsd

Bottom two are oem lsd shafts

7189D7B6-9C82-4E89-BE3C-2533C6DF5409.png

You are being anal. Who gives a shite if I've never measured the length of an OEM Driveshafts before. Who gives a shite if you have and I can't remember reading the first post and one of the questions being what are the lengths of the drives shafts.

"Been offered a LSD, supposed to be a Cusco one that was removed from a Glanza Box with !!!!!EQUAL!!!! Driveshafts"

He called them equal I knew what he ment, I was responding to his question as he asked it. So yes your being anal.

Or what I should have done is pointed out first is how anal I am by saying that, Starlets don't come with equal length drive shaft. One is a few inches longer than the other on the OEM LSD than on none LSD one, they're totally different lengths and don't forget that not only are the shaft different length but different thicknesses as well as having different splines and different inner Cups and different CV bearing with different size inner CV boots.

lol_zps0nlv103y.jpg

If it was removed from a box with equal length drive shafts then it's an OEM LSD not cusco!

ok mate I was just pointing out that this is wrong information keep your knickers on 👍 Clearly just a misunderstanding on your part Edited by Whitenoize