Hi I have just bought a starlet 1.3 with the 4efe in it and was wondering what the best exhaust manifold would be to put on it I will be using it for sprint racing thanks

Yeah has to stay NA to keep me in the class I want to be in. got a corolla inlet manifold on it already but completely standard exhaust. Are either of them direct fit. Sorry new to starlets so may have some daft questions thanks for the help

So just out the flange of the original manifold and weld it onto the 5e manifold. Then just bend the pipes up more so they are not as close to the ground. I Will put a advert in the wanted section and see if any one can help cheers

Edited by Jim.c

So the 5efhe would be the easiest manifold too fit. Performance wise would you say it was a good as any other. How much modifying is required to make them fit. Are they easy to get hold of or is it just on this page you see them advertised thanks for your help

Theyre fairly hard to come by, i think the early 90s corollas came with a cast 4-2-1 manifold on the 4efe versions. 92-95 models maybe. Might be worth a quick look see what you can find will be more common and cheaper than a 5efhe one.

An other option I've seen done is use a 4age 20v tubular mani, theyre 4-2-1 design. use a 4efe head flange and make the 20v mani match up. I've seen it done but not sure how much work it is but obviously some cutting and welding.

The final one is RW developments (facebook) has made manifolds for the n/a that a couple of members on here have i believe. Doubt it will be cheap though.

20160413_193214_zpsen47ce32.jpg

Theyre fairly hard to come by, i think the early 90s corollas came with a cast 4-2-1 manifold on the 4efe versions. 92-95 models maybe. Might be worth a quick look see what you can find will be more common and cheaper than a 5efhe one.

Here is two manifolds, both came from 90's Corolla, cast on engine is from 100- and welded steal from 110-series.

20160413_193214_zpsen47ce32.jpg

Here is two manifolds, both came from 90's Corolla, cast on engine is from 100- and welded steal from 110-series.

Thats the one, the ee100/101 cast manifold, im not sure how much better it is but its a 4-2-1 design so should help a bit.