Engine mounts! Poly/jd tuning/tigerseal

Well my GT will be my daily again in October, and I think I'm getting old as the vibration is annoying me aha!

I go up the m1 everyday and I end up in a lot of traffic

I have all yellow poly mounts currently, and was wondering how much softer the jd tuning ones were?

Or if I'm better off keeping the poly rear one and tiger sealing the standard front two to stop the engine moving too much but stopping all the annoying vibrations!

What do you guys run daily?

I filled my standard charade mounts(oem rubber still in) with caravan sealant. Sounds pikey but no mounts are available and was cheap 60a rating. vibrates more than standard but isn't crazy and feels alot stiffer when it matters

Sounds like I'll be tiger sealing the two standard ones and keeping the yellow rear one then

I can handle the vibrations it's 20 year old interior panel rattle I can't stand aha

That sounds like 1 step away from solid alloy bushes lol.

I removed about 60% of the origin bush just leaving enough to hold the sleeve in place. Then filled around and over it.

Nice one ive spare mounts here am gonna give it a go 8)

So will the jd tuning be more comfortable for daily driving? And mostly for crawling along in traffic as this is where the yellows piss me off

I've got all yellow ones and it annoys me now, if my standard ones weren't fucked I'd just put them back in

The way mine are done is with proper 2 part polyurethane. Just instead of creating a separate mold and pouring them separately I just used the mount as the mold, taped off the bottom and poured as one piece. Completely different to filling with tigerseal or other random sealer

So will the jd tuning be more comfortable for daily driving? And mostly for crawling along in traffic as this is where the yellows piss me off

I've got all yellow ones and it annoys me now, if my standard ones weren't fucked I'd just put them back in

Just to clarify on the shore hardness. The Powerflex yellow bushes are 70shore and my kit is 65shore. Not much of a difference but offer a bit less cabin vibration.

To get the comfort you are looking for, you would probably be best leaving the bottom mount as it is and replacing the others with new standard mounts. That being said, it's probably going to be more expensive to source new OE mounts.

Doing myself out of a sale here!!!

yes more comfy then the yellow polys

I got the yellow poly bushes and thankgod I did as some owner before me tigersealed the mounts that DIY shit really pisses me off like do it right are don't bother at all.

Whats wrong with DIY. Just because you couldn't cope with the harness etc doesnt mean it didnt work well for the person before. Tigerseal isnt the best stuff granted

^^^^ RELAX didnt mean to upset you. Not saying tigerseal won't and didn't do the job but just don't like it. Do it right are don't bother at all. You ok now lol

Just looked at your comment and I understand you using tigerseal on your mounts but I am talking about starlets

Edited by glanzadude

Don't see the problem with the yellow mounts at all have them in awhile on me daily and doesn't bother me at all love them really 🤗

I'm the exact same mate I've had them on every starlet I've had and it didn't bother me one bit I've seen people on here complaining that the cabin vibrates so much it shakes all the interior loose and the rear view mirror shakes etc

I'm the exact same mate I've had them on every starlet I've had and it didn't bother me one bit I've seen people on here complaining that the cabin vibrates so much it shakes all the interior loose and the rear view mirror shakes etc

wow this thread went sour quick

and indeed yellows make a dildo out of a starlet that will rattle al the trim loose over time

Seen people saying that to man ,fair enough it does shake quite a bit but I can't see them shaking the car apart lol