Hello gang,

I've decided to actually get some cv joints for my starlet, I see they do them on a site called ICP, below I have put a picture up, but there seems to be 2 different types of cv joint, I have a 1993 starlet GT turbo (non-abs) model, does anyone actually know what size I will need seems there's 1 with

Outer 23 teeth

Inner 23 splines

And the other

Outlet 23 teeth

Inner 30 splines

I really don't want to have to take the ones out at the moment to check then put them back together again.

Thanks Pat

FB8DCF8B-D859-459C-BA6C-D04C0A45CFA3_zps

924E52EF-18CC-4376-9542-869D255273B3_zps

Thanks guys I was hoping you lot wouldn't say that haha, stupid question here as I haven't never done any work or info on driveshafts, I take it the outer is the one that sits in the hub and the inner is the one that's nearest to the gearbox if that makes sense, thanks lads 👍🏻

Edited by patman

What a pain in the ass but thankyou morgey for the info driveshaft itself once it's out the hub lets say, I presume it's cv boot off or pulled back, then there must be a clip in there holding it in take that off then it pops out I take it plan on doing both sides not just the one

Edited by patman

easy to remove hub nut off ball joint off pull out of hub ( if not siezed into the hub like mine) remove cv clip pull rubberboot back remove circlip knock cv joint off :) replace with new.

What circlip are you on about?

Last i remembered The outer c.v is held on with a spring clip inside the joint itself, you pull the boot back and have to knock of the old c.v with a copper hammer

Once again thanks for the info guys, I tend to do this with the driveshafts still in the gear box if possible, or do I actually have to take them both out I suppose it would be a lot easier that way

Once again thanks for the info guys, I tend to do this with the driveshafts still in the gear box if possible, or do I actually have to take them both out I suppose it would be a lot easier that way

you dont have to take them out no if your replacing all boots just take the inner boots off leave the inner cv in the box :)