• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car is coming along nicely mate fair play

Fucking weather is annoying at the min isnt it. The 2.2 would be cool as hell but i really like the fact you're saving

Cheers Jamie, i need to keep at it so i dont loose motivation. Its aweful mate showers all the time. its lashing down currently so in door work only.

Fucking weather is annoying at the min isnt it. The 2.2 would be cool as hell but i really like the fact you're saving the heart from the aerodeck :)

Heres a pic of the aerodeck passenger sill and footwell. It was rotten. i did this the first week i got it. I cut the worst of it out but i knew the cars fate was looming so i didnt bother with it too much just a quick job to weld it up.

20160420_201054_zpsdxejsnt9.jpg

Shit hats not great. They're a pretty cool and rare car now but it looks pretty shot and you are saving all the bits you can. Is there a big worthy difference between the two cars?

I love how the engines coming from something unassuming- reminds me of the 'road kill' Dodge Charger where they got the Hemi from a motorhome ha ha

There is still plenty aerodeck vti's about and they don't go for alot of money.

That's a good video that mate I've not watched it all but no way I could drive mine like that, it handles aweful loads of body roll and then it loses grip and the back end let's go! Scary stuff. Stock they don't even have a rear arb but one from a rover 45 or mg zs fit's them. I was going to do it but no point as it will be getting scraped in a bit after I've used it for the parts I need.

Differences between the car's are massive even though alot of the parts are similar. Even the eg although the chassis is very similar they just don't handle as well In my opinion. The dc2 is an awesome drive that's why I'm replacing any bushes and stuff which look worn to make sure it's right.

Edited by Bean

Cheers Jamie, i need to keep at it so i dont loose motivation. Its aweful mate showers all the time. its lashing down currently so in door work only.

Same here I'm in the same boat as you raining is non stop down south for the last month I need to crack on with EK9 K20 conversion so doing indoor work as well painting everything

Keep it up though mate be good to see what you do to her

There is still plenty aerodeck vti's about and they don't go for alot of money.

That's a good video that mate I've not watched it all but no way I could drive mine like that, it handles aweful loads of body roll and then it loses grip and the back end let's go! Scary stuff. Stock they don't even have a rear arb but one from a rover 45 or mg zs fit's them. I was going to do it but no point as it will be getting scraped in a bit after I've used it for the parts I need.

Differences between the car's are massive even though alot of the parts are similar. Even the eg although the chassis is very similar they just don't handle as well In my opinion. The dc2 is an awesome drive that's why I'm replacing any bushes and stuff which look worn to make sure it's right.

He must have done something with the handling as it's pretty decent ha ha. Yeh the Teggy's are amazing and would easily keep with a stock gt4 on a track. Mind you we both know what a tweaked gt4 is capable of ;)

Same here I'm in the same boat as you raining is non stop down south for the last month I need to crack on with EK9 K20 conversion so doing indoor work as well painting everything

Keep it up though mate be good to see what you do to her

It's crap isn't it. I was even thinking about buying a gazebo to go over it on the drI've lol.

Everyone is going k20 there won't be a b series honda left before long haha.

He must have done something with the handling as it's pretty decent ha ha. Yeh the Teggy's are amazing and would easily keep with a stock gt4 on a track. Mind you we both know what a tweaked gt4 is capable of ;)

Yeah he's Def got it stiffened up no way mine would hang on in the bends like that haha. You can't really get the lsd working on mine as there is so much body roll it just losses grip and gets scary. A stock dc2 and a stock gt4 would be interesting to see how they got on. For an na 1.8 a dc2 is some car. I've never had one on track but I bet they punch well above their weight.

It's crap isn't it. I was even thinking about buying a gazebo to go over it on the drI've lol.

Everyone is going k20 there won't be a b series honda left before long ha-ha.

It is indeed matey doing my head in now supposed to be British summer

I know mate its the way to go IMO I still have my B16B though

well i've heard they're as good as the clio 197's. Although mine was made out of fab packets and tin foil i've got to admit that it was one of the best handling cars i've ever driven. The gear change was so sweet and the brakes are brutal but poorly built. If i was really going for a track car i'd have a face lift clio RS200- drove one of those and all the bad parts of the 197 had been sorted. I do love a good teggy though.

Bean you should have your own series called' The Jap Car Slavager' ha ha

I've never really looked into the swap too much tbh as I never fancied it. I like the b series. My gf has an ep3 and I do drive it a bit. They are a better drive with more power lower down. I guess the swap is a bit of work as everything needs changed so costs a bit too I bet. Plus a k series lsd box is expensive but without one its a waste of time.

I've always wondered about how fitting an engine the other round in a chassis which was designed for the engine to be the other way on would effect the handling.

I had a decent go at it tonight and got the front suspension fitted on both sides, new track rod ends, new drop links, all new split pins ect. I got the caliper fitted on the ps too. I cleaned The discs up by getting any Crap out of all the dimples and grooves, they haven't done many miles at all and came up great, same as the pads no wear on them.

20160705_204614_zpso2osbddr.jpg

Next job is to carry on sanding the engine bay now I guess.

Edited by Bean

I got the front brake hoses on last night and the ds caliper and wheel back on and off the axle stands. The ps rear caliper was seized so I took it off and the lower slider was seized in. I snapped it trying to get it off so that was the end of that. I'm hoping the carrier from the aerodeck is the same so i can pinch that. I know that's not seized as I greased it up when I bought the car a few months ago.

The gf was kicking off last night as I've not done any work in the house and the bedroom is a building site. I got called plenty f words so looks like I need to do a bit in the house. I fixed the water and Ice dispenser on the fridge last night what more can she want! Ffs.

Edited by Bean

Everyone is going k20 there won't be a b series honda left before long haha.

Good an engine as the k20 is my b18c is much more in my opinion...

I got most of the red paint off out the engine bay. Its taken ages and was very thick in places. Just a bit more to go.

20160710_200350_zpstfnsw6ar.jpg

I'm hoping to get it primed one night next week.

ive been at it again tonight mate, getting there now.

Ive also sorted some tempory indoor starage out for the gt4 so the teg can go in my garage to finish prepping the bay and then get it painted. Most of the engine bay is bare metal now so any rain and it just flashes over with rust so i would just be going back wards unless its inside until painted.

Edited by Bean

Yeh good point mate pleased you managed to store the 4. Now you can really get cracking with the teg. I put the pics you sent me on my stag doo whatsapp thread, everyone was egging me on to buy it back. I told them I didn't need egging on ha ha

Hahaha Maybe one day you will get it mate.

Heres the teg in the garage.

20160712_223222_zps6ohgncyt.jpg

I got it all seam sealed last night and it all just pealed off and left a right mess. I was pretty pissed off so I just walked away and left it. Tonight I will be using a different product. I'm off tomorrow so hopefully I get some progress made. I've ordered some bits and bobs from tegiwa too.

Edited by Bean