FPR, how did I install one and set it correctly

Okay so my car is going in to be getting g an ecu and mapped in 3 weeks and was told to get a FPR so they can make sure everything g is safe.

Was going to go with the tuning developments kit, anyone had any problems with these or recommend anything else?

When I get it just want to know how to install and set it up to stock pressure

Need all the help I can please

Thank you

Joe

Of course the tuner will want you to buy one it's good business, seen builds for many years running stock fpr 250 plus plus I run over 200 with no aftermarket fpr. It's all about the map

To add, i had issues with rich running after fitting a walboro to my V. This cured after the work i did where nearly everything was changed including adding a fpr. Now i cant say it was specifically the fpr that cleared it. But, same issue with my GTti, aftermarket pump and an old standard fpr can't cope cause rich conditions. Fitted a sard and the problem has improved, still slight issue with the return pipe being a small diameter

Fact incinuates you have evidence to prove?have evidence on a gauge of fuel pressure from new and 20 years down the line?

sure al your regs are still doing the same lads even on some of our glower boys 27 years later !!! my glower does exactly the same as my quad

it either works perfect or feul be squirting aaal over and you be going no where attal exept calling fire brigade

Edited by 5e colin

I have had 2 cheap afpr fail but never a stock regulator. My advice would be to spend a little more money on a good reputable brand rather than Chinese non branded part.

Aem, fuel lab, aeromotive, turbosmart, genuine sard stuff is all good. Stay away from the sytec imo.