After a closer look at the trusty ep80 I have come to the conclusion that it is too far gone. Tin worm has set in on the rear arches and sills and it would be a nightmare to repair. So I decided to look for a new daily. After a pure stroke of luck I spoke to Alexster and he mentioned a Corolla t-sport that his friend used to own. After a bit of a discussion I found out that basically the lad just wanted rid of it. I picked it up for an absolute steal and retrieved it back to my lock up to have a look at the problems it has.

After some diagnosis I have found that the engine is about goosed. No compression what so ever on cyl 2-3-4. It has 100psi on cyl 1. Checked the timing to see if the chain had skipped a couple of teeth and found to be spot on! That's a relief as the valvE train could have been scrap. So the head is coming off for further inspection and repair. All being well the head should be off by the end of this evening and the real diagnosis can begin. I will upload pictures later on with my findings. The car has four brand new toyo proxes fitted, mot till March next year and brand new brakes all around. The bodywork is slightly tatty but that can be sorted at a later date. The car is currently sat on 111k miles. Watch this space 😂

Get some pictures up dude!

Saw your post in the CCUK Facebook page and laughed. Yet another Starlet owner has gone on to owning 2ZZ power haha!

They're lovely sounding motors when you bring out the induction sound.

It's all about the 2ZZ life :D

Yup another starlet owner with a 2zz 😂 Well the head came off last night. It revealed some interesting facts about the engine. It must have had a coolant leak/headgasket gone for a little while. The block is thick with limescale as is the head. I believe that a bit of this limescale has helped cause the failure. The headgasket has blown between 2-3 and 3-4 causing no compression at all. Luckily the block looks in pretty good condition so after a good clean up and a check with a straight edge it could be good to go. The head will need skimming though. Where the gasket has gone it has put a small indent into the head😱 Nothing major, can only just feel it with your finger tip.

Any who enough with the typing, here are some pics 👍🏻

171F6AA6-85CD-498F-B5BC-7089ED23C4F8.jpg

35DF1CF4-B363-42B9-BC9D-72012FFB0405.jpg

8B47976D-34FE-4327-BE02-A182D5BE6ABC.jpg

1C2BBDA9-2DD9-452F-B146-0C388EBD3F2E.jpg

EFB2B6A6-625D-413E-9D68-6DC95E03C9CC.jpg

Yea defo parts bus! Comfort and a bit of speed when needed 🙈

Don't worry morgey it will be getting a complete coolant flush. Radiator and heater matrix are going to be flushed plus a couple of coolant changes/oil changes when it running again 👍🏻

Did a bit more to the Corolla today. Cleaned the deck of the block and measured it. Luckily got away with it and the block isn't warped! I've stripped and cleaned the cylinder head ready to have it machined next week all being well. 🙈 Also had a cheeky mod on the roof 😂 Any who all the new parts are here now. New headgasket, new timing chain and head bolts. Any who enough words. Time for pics.

1D75CF57-E0E6-41F8-89A1-119D715DA692.jpg

C8DEEDF5-D962-40D7-83E1-3016CCA84E60.jpg

E853FB71-8951-4A5A-9D03-09884A6E3C8C.jpg

DEDE5157-FCB6-49F8-A1DC-1AC25B4953B4.jpg