Who's refreshed a successfully reliable Engine

yes i have many times on diferent engines

build it right make sure you have correct tools to build it and clean clean and clean again before asembly

just dont go moterfactors and buy a rebuild kit and slap it in there and be done thats when things can go wrong

if you need to know more just ask

Well I'm planning to take it out and strip down next weekend then deliver it to the machinist on Monday to check/replace valve guides, skim and hone. I've had a few people question me reusing the piston, I feel as long as the piston and bores aren't out of tolerance they should be fine. The engines done about 135k and had 10 years at 1 bar on a CT9 it puffs smoke on startup and when ragging it so I suspect the valve stem seals and rings are worn.

Well I'm planning to take it out and strip down next weekend then deliver it to the machinist on Monday to check/replace valve guides, skim and hone. I've had a few people question me reusing the piston, I feel as long as the piston and bores aren't out of tolerance they should be fine. The engines done about 135k and had 10 years at 1 bar on a CT9 it puffs smoke on startup and when ragging it so I suspect the valve stem seals and rings are worn.

the pistons in my turbo gi block have done over 500.000km thats the last thing to worry about just measure and see if there not grooved damaged etc

• 1 month later...

I rebuilt mine, all genuine parts.Have around 20k since the build and still going strong. Make sure all your measurements are perfect, everything is spotlessly clean and let her run in properly before driving her hard and you should have no problems.