Disc rear enc conversion question EP91

Disc rear end question

Hi all,

Just a quick one, I put an EP82 GT disc rear end into my EP91, whilst it was pretty straight forward to get in, I am now being told that my rear discs are not really working because the brake bias valve thingy is different when you go from drum rear end to disc.

Has anyone else encountered this and what was the fix?

Or can you elaborate what is happening.

Pete

Edited by Ralph1
  • 3 months later...

If you're not tracking it leave it on drums, you will struggle to overheat them on the road.

If you do a fair bit of track then by all means consider the switch but remember to change the bias valve on the bulk head to a turbo one too otherwise the wont be doing anything anyway.

Also be prepared for hassle as they never work or always stick lol

My daily is still on drums, its a corolla not a starlet but went from a light aluminium 90hp 1.4 to a heavier cast iron 160hp 1.6 and i dive it faily hard and I've had no problems on drums at all.

I've put bigger discs on the front now but the stock discs were 256mm and were originally used on the car that the 1.6 came with aswell so werent really needed but i had them spare so fitted them lol