5e pistons on 4efte

You can do 4E-FTE pistons from 5E pistons, budget tuning. I have machined those and ceramic coated those. Basically factory do one piston mold and they machine pistons for every motor. Can take picture later about my pistons...

sorry for the late drop in...but i'll add my two cents

i've personally been involved in running 5efhe pistons in a 4efte with gt rods----stock build....it was an experiment at first as we had no idea what would happen and how reliable it would be .....it turned out to be very reliable and quite responsive off boost too

this car ran a td04L with emu and was tuned to run 18/20psi on pump gas....ran well for a long time

it can be done....it just needs to be tuned properly---fuel AND ignition (using some sort of detonation listening device)

• 1 month later...

sorry for the late drop in...but i'll add my two cents

i've personally been involved in running 5efhe pistons in a 4efte with gt rods----stock build....it was an experiment at first as we had no idea what would happen and how reliable it would be .....it turned out to be very reliable and quite responsive off boost too 

this car ran a td04L with emu and was tuned to run 18/20psi on pump gas....ran well for a long time

it can be done....it just needs to be tuned properly---fuel AND ignition (using some sort of detonation listening device)

Currently running 10psi in my 5e block think comp is around 210 greddy turbo needs a porper clutch to step up but these set ups just need fuel

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Currently running 10psi in my 5e block think comp is around 210 greddy turbo needs a porper clutch to step up but these set ups just need fuel

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

the more boost you run, the more important it will be to tune ignition as well....especially given our local gas quality :D:D

you are probably at or very near the maximum you can do without further upgrades (if you dont already have some of this stuff installed )--piggyback/standalone, fueling, plugs, injectors, clutch, boost controller, etc