Jap cars tend not to get undersealed unless done by the importer.

Well worth your time whipping of any trim/skirts/rear bumper that you can and scrubbing the underside before a good coat of waxoil.

Id even consider dropping the fuel tank and exhaust of you dont mind getting really stuck in.

Usual causes of rust/ rot are previous repairs, if its not had previous repairs or poor car care then it will be fine, however i would underseal it to preserve the condition of the underside to future proof the car

Well it is. Ive seen cars (starlets included) with quarters replaced and serious rot issues on the sills because of that, then on the hand a my partners uk starlet with 100k miles which has had no repairs and the body is solid.

That doesn't mean cars without repairs won't rust at all. Any car is prone to rust some more than others granted. But previous conditions in japan, location in the UK can all effect how a car rusts.

Saying if it hasnt had a panel repair it wont rust is a bit naive. Just because you partners hasnt doesnt mean someone elses wont

Uk cars get undersealed from factory.

Imports dont.

Toyota uk are pretty good at protecting their cars, you bring an import over and dont treat it it will rust if not protected.

Repairs are obviously going to increase the chances of rust and rot coming back as you have had metal exposed to the elements.

Dont get me wrong what youve said is completely right but having poor body work can cause it and with the age of the these cars most have seen some action, my daily sr has had work in the past and it shows, but from past experiences ive had with starlets is what ive mentioned above

I had use of a ramp and a compressor, used an air fed sprayer and slightly thinned down waxoyl with it. Had all my suspension, exhaust front wings and bumpers off so i could clean and seal as much as possible

Also replaced my fuel tank so when i had the replacement one i took that back to metal and red oxide painted that then gave it a coat of hammerite then waxoyl stone chip protector on top of that.

Bloody hell that sounds like it'll do the job tho. Gonna get cracking. I'll do my tank aswell :) took my skirts of just and all good there it's only been in the country since March so pretty dam clean at the moment :)

I'm too scared to take my skirts off to be honest, sometimes it's better not knowing lol