Battery relocation

Do i need a different type of battery to have it inside the car or can i put my current one in a box? Also i see a few people running 2 positive cables, is that something thats needed? Any info much appreciated. Cheers.

Nick

I don't see why you would need a different type of battery, maybe it looks better or cleaner, maybe lighter but you should be able to just reroute your existing one.

2nd. Pos cable could be for a sub/amp setup or similar

Or another thought, maybe it has to be a dry battery due to it being in the cabin

Edited by SpikeyJp_68

Good point with the sub didnt think about that 👍🏼 Ive read a few things about the type of battery some say have to have a gel battery and then others say just put mine in a box. Cheers for the info bud.

Nick

Put it in a box with a vent tube to the

Out side of the car.

If u got spare

Cash I would go for a dry batttey like oddisy.

If u doing

It make sure u beef up the earth in the engine bay one from gearbox to chassis and the engine mount to the side

Of the strut.

Also run a inline fuse to add extra

Protection also maybe a secret kill switch that anouther line of anti theft

Gel batteries also don't need to be mounted uprite iirc

Used to run one on my supermotos. Liquid doesn't move about or piss out if the bikes on its side.

didnt think of that, mate has one on his bike. Good batteries just abit expensive compareded to normal :/
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Typically a wet/lead acid battery will put out fumes and in the event of a crash, could rupture so most folk suggest a sealed battery at least.

If you're going to the trouble of relocating it, I would recommend a proper race battery like a Varley or Odyssey - this is the route I'll be taking when it comes to battery relocation 👍🏻

I've been working on this this weekend.

I don't have rear interior, but I bought an aluminium battery relocation box.

I also created a false floor to mount it to. I bought a Buddy Club's Racing Spec Condenser to act as an earthing kit.

I'm using a normal battery but I will feed the fumes outside

Hopefully this will tidy up the engine bay.