Reflet or 98 spec tail lights // clear indicators // clear side repeaters

Won't work mate, lenses are different

I still don't get it - I'm on about the tail lights - if the JDM shape is the same as EU N/A (is it?) why couldn't you swap the lenses/covers only?

Different screw pattern or what exactly is the problem?

Has anyone tried and has a photo of rear light clusters stripped and JDM vs EU compared?

Thanks in advance!

Di_Bodi

Edited by Di_Bodi

I think The spacings inside are different for each of the sections.

Uk spec are 4 even sections but the reflet/98 spec have a large top one and smaller bottom 3.

But im pretty sure they screw on just the light might not shine through as it should

Thanks morgey for being (as always!) helpful!

So it's better to just buy the whole lamps... And are there any/many issues with cables and plugs? What will I do with my fog light plug I wonder?

Thanks MR-2 !! This is really great comparison photo.

So all you need then is coloured bulbes (amber for indicators and strong red for your fog) and it's plug and play?

The 98 tail lights already have a red lense on the bottom part mate

Fog light can be rectified by getting a red bulb.

Or if you want to jdm your tail lights get a 2nd brake light holder and wire one upto your fog the other to the tail light. And get a red twin filiment bulb

So in JDM lighting pattern both the top large part and the very bottom narrow strip light up red when the lights are switch on (middle part is indicator) and also both light up brighter when the brakes are on - AM I CORRECT?

And the fog doesn't exist in jdm, but where is the reverse then if a Reflet model didn't have the reverse beside the number plate?

Cheers

Jdm lights just the top and center spoiler are brake lights the bottom remain as just tail lights. But for uk law you need a fog light so you can use a 2nd brake light holder on the bottom to allow for tail light and fog light.

Yes Reflet bottoms are usually reverse but a red bulb allows for them to be used as tail lights. However you will loose your reverse light if you do this (not required by uk law) but bare in mind if the space is there for a reverse light it has to work.

So either bottom left reverse bottom right fog.

Or turn them both in to tail lights and just have the bottom right as a fog.

Thanks morgey! The beauty about the tests in Ireland is that the fog light has to work IF FITTED.

I remember when I had JDM Estima with no fogs at all they said nothing!

They same actually applies to reverse (I am not sure though would I chance it) so I could have both bottoms as red tail lights lol.

THANKS AGAIN!