Dean-RW-Developments TD04 Sportif Turbo 5E Beast/piece of crap!!fire starter

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update!!! got a new phone so il add some pics up of the work ive been doing most of it was from before jae....

so first with a pic of the engine appart from the head gasket going when i got back from jae lol

full fixed nd skimmed now eassyy

Image487.jpg

this was the vent black off i made to stop water from going onto the leads, works mint

Image476.jpg

Image477.jpg

Image478.jpg

Image479.jpg

next was the rear i built a false floor etc it looks heavy but is actually magga light made from fireproof ply,

cut rear plastics :p

Image480.jpg

Image481.jpg

side pannel 6x9 in side was just tempary

Image505.jpg

all angled same shape as floor

Image510.jpg

Image511.jpg

wood cut

Image534.jpg

fitted

Image515.jpg

Image517.jpg

Image518.jpg

Image516.jpg

all cleated up aint going no where

Image520.jpg

Image521.jpg

top plastics modified to fit

Image527.jpg

more to come.......

lots more :thumbsup:

update part 2......

here comes the strut braces lol i love them first the 3 point brace

Image528.jpg

Image529.jpg

Image530.jpg

had to make a custom brachet for it to fasten to the floor 7mm thick alloy angle bolted throgh the floor aint

going knowwhereImage531.jpg all trimmed

Image533.jpg

with c-pillar bar in too

Image535.jpg

now for the v-pillar brace with lots of modifications

Image536.jpg

fitted

Image537.jpg

Image538.jpg

Image540.jpg

Image541.jpg

Image543.jpg

i then sealed all the floor to soundproof then put some black bass carpet down

Image545.jpg

Image547.jpg

thats it for now until tmoz lots more pics comin so watch :thumbsup:

comments welcome

Spray the interior arch bits black or something, to hide it looking ugly. That or filler them so they are smooth and rounded, and then spray it red or something?

Other than that, some awesome work going on! Loving that 900 point strut brace!

cheers for the comments guys! dont worry all the rear plastics are in with the roll cage now so looks neat.

update 3...

some pics of fitting the roll cage

Image558.jpg

Image562.jpg

and some of my fabricated door bars made from 3mm thick steel tube real heavy duty.

Image580.jpg

Image581.jpg

Image582.jpgall the door bars are fully welded up now and painted gloss black with foam padding for protection.

i also needed some new gauge pods for the cage put to be honest i dont like gauge pods lol so i searched everywhere

and managed to import these cool as fuck pods.

Image586.jpg

Image588.jpg

Image589.jpg

Image590.jpg

carbon ftw hahaha lol

and 1 of the new wheels

Image522.jpg

0 offset ftw

Image524.jpg

comments welcome

Well impressed mate! Bit of a stupid question, but how much difference do the door bars and cage make to the handling? Never drove a car with all that on! Want to do it to mine at some point but money's a bit tight lol :lol:

Well impressed mate! Bit of a stupid question, but how much difference do the door bars and cage make to the handling? Never drove a car with all that on! Want to do it to mine at some point but money's a bit tight lol :lol:

Bolt-in rollcages have little effect on the actual torsional rigidity of a vehicle as the tolerances in the joins and joinery dissipates some of the force transfer through the tubing and bla bla. It's when its all welded to key structural areas where the real gains in rigidity are to be had.

I still don't see the fad for having rollcages on road vehicles...they're designed to be used with helmets, so that they can absorb the shock, your head will fare less well. Nifty fabrication regardless

cheers for all the good comments guys i love the door bars it makes you feel so much safer i drove the car with and without the door bars and without the door bars you dont really notice the cage is there but with the door bars by your side you know about it. as for it been bolted the cage will have more alterations next year i might also weld in some strenghtening plates that weld to the body and the cage but just depends. toying with a few ideas, i spoke to my mates dad who builds race cars nd tt bikes for a living and he said unless your going to race it on track etc then just to bolt it with plates etc but if i ever want to weld it in properly then he will reinforce all the area surrouding the legs of the cage etc, he did a great job on my door bars i built them he welded them up :lol: ... as for the handling its pretty good to be honest no oversteer and little understeer i think its a combination og the cage and definatly the braces in the back.

more to come still hav some pics to upload

another old update!

more of the rear along with the carbon fibre rear quarters plastics also in...

Image596.jpg

Image597.jpg

carbing FTW

Image598.jpg

and the door bars painted a padded up (more carbon goodness coming soon)

Image599.jpg

pic of the bay with the new heavyduty alloy slam pannel i made. old 1 was bent and messy, also the alloy radiator brackets and bottle bracket i made :lol:

Image595.jpg

new alloy battery bracket with carbon battery cover i made

Image594.jpg

and heres a pic of the drag look lol i so badly want these wheels on for good. when there on there gonna look mint with the ideas i have :)

Image583.jpg

thanks for looking comments welcome

Dean