Been on my mind for a while so want to know what you guys think, I'm off to the Nurburgring in 4 weeks time but my car has no oil cooler or oil temp gauge as money has been tight. The car is only ct9 at 1 bar-191BHP I won't be on the limit as I would on a track day as it's very costly if something happens as lot of you know, so my question is will the engine be okay? Be 1 lap at a time obviously, will let the car cool 30-45 mins before going back out. Cheers 👍

You could always cruise down some of the straights if youre a bit paranoid. Get a bit of nice cool air coming through whilst not pushing the engine hard would help.

Is the oil new or will it be?

Its not going to be much worse than a 15 minute track session. Give it time to run down and get cool air through it all on the home straight and i think it would be fine.

You could always cruise down some of the straights if youre a bit paranoid. Get a bit of nice cool air coming through whilst not pushing the engine hard would help.

Is the oil new or will it be?

Its not going to be much worse than a 15 minute track session. Give it time to run down and get cool air through it all on the home straight and i think it would be fine.

Yeah bud changing the oil a couple of days before I go, that was the plan on the home straight I'm not going there for lap times just to experience it. Cheers

Edit I did cadwell in march 10 mins sessions and the car performed good letting it cool down 30 mins at a day and obviously a cool down lap.

Edited by Walker96

Most modern synthetic oils can handle operating at 120deg and upwards, millers 10w60 nano tech wont start breaking down till 140+ so as long as your temp gauge doesnt sky rocket your oil should remain fairly stable.

Ah that's good to know. I'm using petronas 10w40 semi synthetic. Cheers

Unless you've done plenty of laps, you'll not really be going fast enough to bother oil temp I wouldn't have thought, unless it's a blisteringly hot day. Don't labour the car up Kesselchen, and you should be OK, I'd be more worried about brakes than oil, unless you have those dialled in already?

I'm in Sheffield, and have a cheapy oil temp gauge that I was going to use before I stumped up the money for an additional defi gauge and sensor. You're welcome to it, you'll just need somewhere to screw in a 1/8npt sensor, and wire the thing in.

Unless you've done plenty of laps, you'll not really be going fast enough to bother oil temp I wouldn't have thought, unless it's a blisteringly hot day. Don't labour the car up Kesselchen, and you should be OK, I'd be more worried about brakes than oil, unless you have those dialled in already?

I'm in Sheffield, and have a cheapy oil temp gauge that I was going to use before I stumped up the money for an additional defi gauge and sensor. You're welcome to it, you'll just need somewhere to screw in a 1/8npt sensor, and wire the thing in.

That's good then, cheers mate I'll leave it for now as apparently I'd need a sandwich plate? And have sorted brake new pads and discs all round and better brake fluid and obviously taking spare pads with me. Cheers

That's good then, cheers mate I'll leave it for now as apparently I'd need a sandwich plate? And have sorted brake new pads and discs all round and better brake fluid and obviously taking spare pads with me. Cheers

There is a hole in the oil filter housing, its just blanked off, you need to drill a small hole in the power steering bracket so that it you can fit the sensor wire.