Forgot to mention, I never knew there were already two threaded holes for the lower half rad bracket, was chuffed to bits. Just re-cut the thread to avoid any issues. The top mount doesn’t sit low enough on the radiator for my liking to I just put a washer in the recess then fitted the mount over the top. Keeps it nice and level and gives it much more purchase on the radiator 

7B19FA3E-0DD8-4AE3-AE32-69630C43978E.jpeg

AA7E0A22-A967-4634-9CAA-76B128C2686D.jpeg

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought I was making good progress until I went to see how my mate was getting on with his four-track. He bought it with a fresh MOT, started digging in to it and erm, the chassis needed a completed restoration as does most of the body which turned out to be structural. How the hell it passed an MOT I’ll never know! 

53 minutes ago, Pikey009 said:

Thought I was making good progress until I went to see how my mate was getting on with his four-track. He bought it with a fresh MOT, started digging in to it and erm, the chassis needed a completed restoration as does most of the body which turned out to be structural. How the hell it passed an MOT I’ll never know! 

WOW makes my inner arches seem pretty minor ,good progress on the GT

Finally got fed up of waiting for the parts I ordered 5 weeks ago and opened up a case against the person. Think I’ve been more than patient as he’s had my £65 for all that time and I still have no parts. 

So a big thanks to my new best friend Dave on here who sorted me out with the bits I need this weekend, they will go on this week.

Edited by Pikey009

Thanks to Dave I’ve now got all the little niggly things I was missing. He’s currently breaking a GT but has minimal stuff left now. He’s got a solid Shell up on FB market at the moment.

I’ll make no apologies for this post of a battery tray and clamp 🤣 For this car it’s a complete novelty compared to the battery being sat on the chassis tied down with some random bit of metal. 

FBE69966-3965-40B2-9A6B-40012AD11569.jpeg

CAC30304-40B3-403A-8EB8-49CDA2BFCDF0.jpeg

Edited by Pikey009

It’s getting a fresh lick of paint today, can’t be doing with any surface rust. I’ll also be fitting the door stays and the new weather strips. 

replaced the fan switch but it made no difference so I’ll have to have a look at the wiring to the fan.

Yeah I’m just trying to refresh everything as I go to be honest. Struggling to find black half rad hoses at the moment, might have to give a few companies a call as I want to get the coolant back in so I can run her up again. 

yeah true but that’s another £30 gone out of my budget 🙃

12 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

Yeah I’m just trying to refresh everything as I go to be honest. Struggling to find black half rad hoses at the moment, might have to give a few companies a call as I want to get the coolant back in so I can run her up again. 

yeah true but that’s another £30 gone out of my budget 🙃

I have used ones if that's any good? Your starlet hoses will fit on to the civic radiator 

22 hours ago, td04 turbo said:

Looks a lot better Where did you get them from. 

From a decent guy who’s breaking his gt. I’ve actually got a passenger one that’s in good condition if you need one? I don’t want any money for it 

7 hours ago, glanzadude said:

Looks great. Nice colour blue on the Gt, nice to see a other colour then stock colours all the time

Thanks mate, I wasn’t sure of the colour at first but it’s really growing on me. I would prefer it the original if I’m honest though! 

Does anyone know if a glanza header/expansion tank fits a GT? I want to get rid of the massive hose going along the slam panel and have seen some GTs with the header over by the battery but can’t find a thread on it 

On 10/30/2020 at 5:06 PM, Pikey009 said:

Does anyone know if a glanza header/expansion tank fits a GT? I want to get rid of the massive hose going along the slam panel and have seen some GTs with the header over by the battery but can’t find a thread on it 

As far as I've seen they are a straight enough fit