George’s ep82 gt turbo build

So I thinks its about time i started a thread on my ep82 as I’ve owned it for 4/5 years

When I originally got the car it was very different to what it is now so I’ll be updating bits at a time of what I’ve done so far and what I’ve got planned for the future so bare with me! 

when I originally got it ———

Exterior - first thing I noticed was it had been converted from quad lights to squares as it was a later model 1994 which originally had quads, as much as I liked the square lights they were badly faded and tracking down a decent set was near on impossible! And not to mention they had been bodged in so that was one of the first things to go! 

It had genuine TOMS side skirts and spoiler, the skirts were in pretty terrible condition but I have stored them in the hopes of getting them restored if I can find a front bumper and spats to complete the TOMS look. The car did originally come into the country with the front bumper which I found out this year which was abit gutting to hear! 

japan racing wheels, not sure on model but looked like wantanabe knock-offs and was something stupid like 8-9j and it enjoyed scrubbing whenever is could…

Interior - was your standard Jdm, ripped bride seat, crappy steering wheel you could flex with your pinky finger….

engine - homemade TD04 turbo kit and a stock engine and decat exhaust system which honestly worked pretty well! with a HKS fcd and manual boost control valve with no map and Standard injectors….yeah….Looking back I should’ve ran a mile when I found this out lol but oh well!!! was abit boggy but did the job!!! It also had an eBay FMIC kit with an intercooler big enough for a Scania and plenty of lovely couplers! didnt know how much HP it made but i guessed it was around 180-190

suspension - had a rs-r Chrome panhard which I’ve not seen many of around! and lowering springs.

braking - all standard apart from green stuff pads 

like I said I will be updating more on what I’ve done and what I’ve got planned! Thanks! 

D062C524-EC38-463F-AA5B-7E67AE1E6E69.jpeg

EEF72F3D-4442-4A1D-A0FF-3E228276A3AC.jpeg

Edited by Georgehburroww

So after getting the car I drove it around for a couple weeks before putting it in the garage and commencing work on it.

- I started at the rear removing everything to be sent of for powder coating or anodising.  

-I used a steam cleaner and bead blaster to clean the whole underside using wire wheels and sand flappy disk to remove any rust, luckily there wasn't any serious rust on the car the worst was the rear arch edges where someone had cut away at them to fit larger wheels, I just ground back to good metal and used zinc primer where necessary. i did take my time with this and did take quite a while to get it how I wanted!

-I did use wax oil on areas I thought would benefit from it but for the final finish I used the UPOL stone chip which set hard and gave a really nice finish.

-Any bolt hole I rethreaded with taps.   

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0 (1).jpeg

Next stage was reassembling the underside with shiny parts!

- I rebuilt the front a rear callipers with OE rubbers and seals and had them done in flake black that look really good + ID Workz front and rear disks and HEL braided lines.

-power flex and super pro bushings throughout. 

-new wheel bearings front and rear.

-new bottom ball joints and track rod ends I also sprayed them black and lacquered to prevent rusting.

-rebuilt and re greased the driveshafts with new bushings + gearbox fluid.

-the bolts I got anodised were all lacquered on the heads again just to prevent rusting.

-I went for Blitz ZZ-R coil overs in the end.

-Ultra racing front wing bars.

-I also welded up some brackets and fitted a Mishimoto intercooler from their universal range, IMO best bang for buck if you don't mind mounting yourself!!

-Then I got the fuel tank resprayed and fitted a Walbro 255.

image3 (1).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image5 (1).jpeg

image0 (3).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

image1 (2).jpeg

5 hours ago, RoyalDutchie said:

Amazing work. Really like the look of fresh plated bolts and nuts.

Also in the process of mounting a z-line intercooler and representing RS-R with the panhard rod. Amazing part, can't really get any better panhard in my opinion.

Thanks dude, great panhard! It Was completely covered in a black grease when it was first on the car so it wasn’t until I cleaned it up I realised it was an rs-r one, was very cool find!! 

As for the intercooler I actually had it modified slightly by cutting off the original 2.5” ends and having them go into a 2” if I remember correctly to match the throttle body diameter and to reduce the amount of couplers needed so in the end it was two solid pipes for the hot and cold side of the intercooler and only 1 rubber step-up coming off the turbo!

I think it looks great and works just fine but I do want to try and reduce the amount of piping and go for a different style intercooler next time maybe.

F8305DE8-C2CF-461B-B165-1A0B2978D0F8.jpeg

6E33F4BB-BBE9-4990-8213-85097B75C025.jpeg