My Starlet - White Ep91

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Little update...

I have bought some KYB SR Special's and -40mm TRD springs from Idrees, should be here tomorrow. ;)

But they wont be going on this car. I'm saving up to get another N/A Starlet with lower milage then swapping all my parts onto it, then selling this Starlet.

As soon as I have enough money for everything I'll also be buying an adjustable panhard rod and a rear ARB.

Unless I get impatient and just put everything on this car. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Another little update, got my springs sprayed, will get some pics later once they've dried properly.

As I said before my plan is to buy another Starlet and not put the parts on the one I've got at the moment but I'm getting pissed off so I might just buy a panhard rod and get the springs & shocks fitted to this car.

Few crap camera phone pics of the springs, lighting is bad so colour looks a bit different but you get the idea:

springs1.jpg

And a front one next to a front KYB New SR Special:

fronta.jpg

Managed to use a bit of "man power" lol and got a rear spring onto the shock without using a spring clamp, nut is only loosely done up for the pic though.

rearn.jpg

I think they look quite good apart from the rust patches on the shocks... not that it matters as you wont see any of it once it's on the car.

Awsome, i have sr specials and i rate them highly, just blitzed a local roundabout.

How did you know which way to put your springs on?

(them being progressive)

Mitch

I put them on the same way them came off, although I can't see it making much difference which way they go on, might be wrong though.

But I am pleased with the way the paint came out on them, before they were more Toyota Rust Development rather than Toyota Racing Development...

Can't wait to get them on the car now though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah they actually fit quite well I went as close as I could to the side (wing mirror folded in) but then realised there's actually a fair bit of space on the passenger side... I think a slim passenger might be able to squeeze out of the door lol. ^_^

• 3 months later...

I have an update at last...

I finally fitted the suspension, due to one of the standard rear shocks leaking and one of the front ones just being shit.

And after all the umming and ahhing about do you need an adjustable panhard rod etc... I'd say yes you do because there is a noticable difference on the rear wheels. It's nothing major but it's definately there so I will be getting one in the future.

Took it for a quick spin, huge improvement, and it looks so much better. (I'll get some pics soon).

I'm going to give it a proper drive later to see what it's really like. ;)

Also I might do a little guide on how to fit suspension if anyone wants to know how? I did it with basic tools.

It's a relatively easy job but it's just the awkward locations of some of the bolts that makes it hard.

£300 for the lot from Idrees, 2nd hand, unknown milage.

There is a bit of bounciness but I like it.

It's made driving a lot more fun, get the tyres screeching round every island lol.