chall's starlet turbo build

Alright guys, some of you's may remember my old conversion..

starlet-1.jpg

well i bought this last month

DSCF1769.jpg

last weekend seen the purchase of several parts most important being the 4EFTE :p along with that was

dials.jpg

lenses.jpg

then the fun commenced last week

timing stripped and cams out ready for taking the head off

DSC00124.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

head off

DSC00126.jpg

quick clean to make sure all is good before going further

DSC00128-1.jpg

and finally pistons out ready for ring replacement

DSC00133.jpg

lovely complete engine gasket set (CHA-CHING :p )

DSC00127-2.jpg

just waiting on the big ends as i had to identify which type were req'd once stripped

the old one was built in summer 05! wow that is a while ago... im not sure what route to take with it as the old one looked good with the Glanza kit but i'm kinda thinking colour change to make it different. decisions. progress will be slower than the last time as i had a complete GT to swap everything over

when i sold that one i went on to a cheap civic but following that was another civic, s13, brand new ibiza 20vt, gtir, glanza, wrx wagon, primera, civic and then my current primera gt

the old one was built in summer 05! wow that is a while ago... im not sure what route to take with it as the old one looked good with the Glanza kit but i'm kinda thinking colour change to make it different. decisions. progress will be slower than the last time as i had a complete GT to swap everything over

when i sold that one i went on to a cheap civic but following that was another civic, s13, brand new ibiza 20vt, gtir, glanza, wrx wagon, primera, civic and then my current primera gt

that was a while ago. i even remember your gt you binned before :)

good luck with this though. keep us updated

you mean this one rick

Image18.jpg

starlet002.jpg

sparky, i was thinking on the JAM kit. would look mint in this colour and as for a one-off i was planning gunmetal grey then idrees goes and sprays his bro's car grey :) ive got another idea up mu sleeve will need to try some photo chop'n to see

galliano - my old one had 98 spec front, just needed the rest to be "perfect". i get your drift tho mate ive been pricing sooo many options lol

• 1 month later...

pics from the final build stages. sorry about the poor quality of my pics... gash camera phone :oops:

Lapping (re-grinding) the valves, kind of before and after

DSC00233Medium.jpg

Before and after again

DSC00234Medium.jpg

Head on and torqued, cams fitted

DSC00242Medium.jpg

Cam cover and inlet manifold on - sump, block, head, cam cover and inlet mani painted with high temp paint

DSC00245Medium.jpg

so next step while waiting on other parts is to remove the non turbo engine from the car, this one

DSC00229Medium.jpg

exciting stuff, watch this space ;)