what alarms have people got?

i need to get a thatcham 1 approved alarm, so i was wondering what people have on there cars.

also those that have a turbo timer how does your alarm work along side it?

advice would be much appreciated

my mates just had a viper480vx put in...cat 1 pager, cheap, and you have all the options for proximity sensort, TT etc....bloke came round to his house early in the morning and fitted it...was about £330 including labour, alarm, and prox.........by the way, you cant use aftermarket TT's with CAT1's if you didnt know :)

my mates just had a viper480vx put in...cat 1 pager, cheap, and you have all the options for proximity sensort, TT etc....bloke came round to his house early in the morning and fitted it...was about £330 including labour, alarm, and prox.........by the way, you cant use aftermarket TT's with CAT1's if you didnt know :)

realy ;) , well you learn something new every day lol, so the clifford ones sound pretty good then, i do like the sound of the g5's anybody no much about falcom alarms?

my g5 works with a blitz turbo timer they offered me it but said i already had one lol

Thats because not all G5's are cat1's.......and because a TT is all wired into the ignition, the alarm imbolises the car, as it thinks someone having a tamper with it..

Any CAT 1 alarm is suitable for the job.

Forget the stupid gizmo's as the just add extra cost,break or play up! A £300 alarm often ends up costing £500 with all the crap added!

Oh and forget a TT as theres no need for one,save the £100 for decent brakes or a good service.You ain't driving on a racetrack so it won't need to cool down after normal driving :D

Leave it running as you get all your shit together when you get home. 30 secs at most is all thats needed 9 times out of 10. :)

Never had one.... never needed one.... never will have one! complete waste of cash ;)