where else can i take a wire for the rev tacho?

Hi Tommy,

You can take a reading directly from the loom (it's a neg feed I think) I used it for the Apex-i tacho...use a wire jumper/connector to simply tap into the feed.

The wire you need is the 7th wire in on the 26pin plug from the left...holding the ECU in your hand with the 26 pin plug attached on the left and the 16 pin on the right. Where the little plug clips that lock it to the ECU are at the top...

From your diagram, black is earth, red is IGN power, green is fuck knows? it's not speed, YELLOW (unless I'm mistaken..that's an EP82 diagram) is RPM

he has a UK spec 91...the '82 GT and 91 N/a ecu pinouts are literally the same...

Black = earth

Red = Power

Yellow = Ignition Feedback From Coil

Green = Part Of The IIA which is RPM

also yes you can get an RPM feed, of the IGF which is pin 7, which is they yellow one.. but i use pin21 as thats the proper RPM one, and part of the Bee*R goes into 7 as you can see on the diagram :lol:

thought as much...I've always used pin 7...it's a nicer colour.

Also..according to Apex-i, pin 7 is RPM. Anyone got a loom diagram?

yes like i said you can use both...i only use pin21 as 7 is used by the ignition wire on the Bee*R...it makes no difference...

sorry to keep on about the dials.

wondering if anyone knows where else i can take a wire to get the reading from the tacho.

someone mentioned the loom, where is it etc

Tommy G. Go to the technical section of the forum and go tot the pull out section and there is a guide on how to fit your dials and get them working.

jesus, wow thats a lot of info, thanks for the responce.

in the end i just traced and did my own wiring diagram as none of the others were working for me (this was on the clocks not the loom) and had to join a few wires and link some others. but it all works now so its allll goood

STARLET N/A i tried using the other guides but for some reason they didnt match what i had on the back of my dials, ill put my how to up aswell soon.

Tom