Home Done Matt Black Respray Nearly Finished

until i can afford to get it done in midnight purple or something...baisically finished spraying it up matt black today for the meantime, as it was in primer that actually looked gash..

It needs a few more coats here and there as its a bit patchy, but it helps with the slag look :lol:

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

some more pics with my fetching HKS logo :lol:

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

opinions please :D

Si

its not on the GT anymore as it sort of pied the engine and turbo....and it has a proper standalone going in....originally bought it for the SR lol from envy with the trust exhaust so paid top dollar for it....you can get them for about 115-130 ish i think..

and oh yes...rattle job, ive been to see marks car to much :lol:

looks like you could of done with a few more cans to finish here off, dont look to bad atall tho mate

yup :p hence some of the patches...will get a few more from halfords at the weekend or something.

Forgot to add...the bonnet hasnt been done, as im having a carbon one off nightspirit that should be here in august.

Did you do that out side? it that with a primer coat first? looks real good!!

Have you got any pic while you paint the GT, wonder how you done your roff, as i wanted to do mine, sun burn.

Did you do that out side? it that with a primer coat first? looks real good!!

Have you got any pic while you paint the GT, wonder how you done your roff, as i wanted to do mine, sun burn.

i only used a little bit of primer on some area's as i thought that was the problem with the blooming that i had but it wasnt/....the rest didnt need to be done in primer as it was already a black car...

about the roof...i havent totally finished that...but im pretty tall so that wasnt a problem..:p

Thanks

Si

Bring it to me :p

I'll do you a proper Midnight Purple job at a decent price :p

Also, did you say "until you can afford to get it done purple"? What you on about dude? Your made of money!!! :p

its not on the GT anymore as it sort of pied the engine and turbo....and it has a proper standalone going in....originally bought it for the SR lol from envy with the trust exhaust so paid top dollar for it....you can get them for about 115-130 ish i think..

and oh yes...rattle job, ive been to see marks car to much :p

Nice Ep82 mate, will look mint when the paints finished!

About the Bee-R, when you say it pied the engine/turbo what exactly do you mean? I am thinking of buying one of these jobbies for my Glanza V. Is it safe to use? I wouldn't want to cause any damage to the engine or turbo but I like the idea of launch control/antilag and have seen one for sale, very tempted. Any help would be appreciated mate. Good luck with finishing the paint off. :p

Nice Ep82 mate, will look mint when the paints finished!

About the Bee-R, when you say it pied the engine/turbo what exactly do you mean? I am thinking of buying one of these jobbies for my Glanza V. Is it safe to use? I wouldn't want to cause any damage to the engine or turbo but I like the idea of launch control/antilag and have seen one for sale, very tempted. Any help would be appreciated mate. Good luck with finishing the paint off. :p

well first of all we used it for about 3 days non-stop constantly lol that isnt going to help but....i came to the conclusion of all the heat build up in the manifold and turbo out the engine, sort of sat in the restriction of the 3rd cylinder runner so sort of munched the thrid piston ring as it started to smoke the next couple of days...also secondaly, the turbo now has quite a bit of shaft play due to using the Bee*r for ages...

in conclusion...i dont think its a problem to use it if 1. you have a decent aftermarket manifold, and obviously no cat....and 2. use it in moderation, i.e everynow and then when you go to santapod or whatever, dont use it on the street every second like si did...and finnally once used, make sure you fully cool it down properly after use, and before you use it again...as massive heat, and then instand coolness can crack the turbo wheels...\

Rob

well first of all we used it for about 3 days non-stop constantly lol that isnt going to help but....i came to the conclusion of all the heat build up in the manifold and turbo out the engine, sort of sat in the restriction of the 3rd cylinder runner so sort of munched the thrid piston ring as it started to smoke the next couple of days...also secondaly, the turbo now has quite a bit of shaft play due to using the Bee*r for ages...

in conclusion...i dont think its a problem to use it if 1. you have a decent aftermarket manifold, and obviously no cat....and 2. use it in moderation, i.e everynow and then when you go to santapod or whatever, dont use it on the street every second like si did...and finnally once used, make sure you fully cool it down properly after use, and before you use it again...as massive heat, and then instand coolness can crack the turbo wheels...\

Rob

Cheers mate, I thought as much. Was suprised to hear you were running a standard manifold at the time! If I do get one I'll be very carefull thats for sure, thanks for the info. :p