• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liking your work,

love that shaved cam cover also,

who did the work on that?

Thanx Enzo

that coming from you means an awful lot to me.

As for the rocker cover I did all the work myself, I basically grinded down all the lines and casting marks on the edges, then applied etch primer and a couple of coats of filler primer and then colur and laquer.

I used a spare rocker cover that I got off a bug eye corolla.

Liking the colour scheme :blink:

Did the lightweight pulleys make much difference?

Thanx man,

the gold rims just kinda happened.

I got the idea for the matt black on laquered red after checking out nightspirits GT and loved the matt black.

yeah the lightweight pulleys do make a difference it really does rev alot more freely with them and she pulls a tiny bit harder aswell id say, plus when cruising in 4th gear the pulley's give the engine a cool whistling sound.....it's no turbo but it sounds cool to me.

Nice one man!

That is one clean engine bay!

Im up in dublin myself.

thanx bud

its taken a while to get it nice and clean but im well happy with the results so far.

I saw in one of your threads that u were looking to get an ep i think....any luck with that?

I think I'll invest in some further on down the line then, how much did they set you back?

cheers

ste91..I believe they cost me about £250 for the full set ie; crank, alternator, powersteering and water pump pulleys.

I didnt use the alternator as the bolt hole is too big for my alternator, also the water pump on my engine has the pressed on pulley not bolt on.

this is the first time ive loked at this thread, mate your NA is tidy as fuck. i wubs it.

thanx man it means alot,

it will look better with sum additional bits nd bobs off you :) , payment sent for those by the way

looks awesomely tidy mate top work. :mellow:

thanx man, imo a tidy car is the business.

Your own car is looking sweet too, I love the silver and orange combo

• 1 month later...

N/A Cooling Panel update

Well I've been fairly busy with work lately so its taken its time for me to develop and fabricate this.

I have as of this evening just my very own N/A cooling panel.

Its been made out of 1.5mm thick aluminum and has a very fine brushed finish on it.

I must say that, im very happy with the overall design and result and would like people's opinions on this...

Here are the pics of it

Picture078.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Opinions welcome from all...

Also if anyone is interested I may fabricate a few more of these........

10/10 mate i like it alot......BUT it draws all the attention away from the bay maybe a lick of paint? matt black?

I do agree wit you that it does take sum of the attention away from the engine bay effectively..

I had also considered matt black....... :p

It would look much better amigo...go with the colour theme too :p

It would indeed mate,

And I will probably end up painting it matt black after a while

but I just left it as bare metal for now as I wanted people to get an idea of how it looks

How many beans?

Am good question mate....

Well Im not entirely sure, Im going to set up a for sale thread in a while and we can talk more about it in there.

Thanx Si, Ive been after one of these since the group buy collapsed so I decided to produce mine own.

Now that I have this one made and fitted I am going to change the design a little just to make the panel look a little sweeter (not any major changes just looks wise), If not for those who may wish to buy one then for my own good.

Awsome work mate!! Rep indeed!!

I agree it should be done in Black :p

Thanx Sparky, I just wana make a few changes to the design and then I will paint it matt black and happy days after that... :p

Excellent work Nick.

Im glad you were able to make something out of those dimensions you took before.

I'd certainly like one if you are willing to make them. Are they quite time consuming to make?

Joz

Thanx Joz, I know it was a long time getting to this point.

In a word Yes, this was time consuming to make, it took a fair bit of careful marking and measuring to first lay the design out on the sheet metal, then cutting it out and finishing and forming so on.....

Please check my for sale thread for more information on getting one of these lush panels.

fan-freakin-tastic matey!!!!!!!!

thats well tasty, very handy in the DIY dept are u!!!!!!!!! a matt black finish would be sexual!

Phil.

Cheers Phil I knew you would appreciate it..and yeah I think that matt black is the way forward finish wise for me...

If your interested check out the for sale threadand Ill get started making you one.....

Also Ive been checking out your thread, loving the look of your EP dude..sexual...

cheers bud, really appreciate that.

at the mo i am pure skint, thanks to crimbo, the mrs's b'day, the dent to the car and I've booked a skiin holiday in Jan tonight, so it'll be a while before i can afford one of your goodies!

Keep up the great work man!

Phil.

Not a bother man.

Don't talk to me about being skint, I went to London at the start of the month with the girlfriend and im as poor as can be now, If it weren't for that Id have my Defi gauges for the EP now.

Well whenever you want one even in a few months give me a shout.

Nic