is that the OEM cat still there??? ;)

Yes and if you look carefully OEM injectors... Do you think it'l work ;)

It will have a 2.5 inch downpipe and full mandrel exhaust.

looking good mate, seen your civic in banzai sounds like a it a bit of an animal

Civic's fully stripped at the minute, i'm hoping to get the block prepped tomorrow and picking some new injectors up, then making a new manifold ready for TOTB.

nice how much power you except to get out of it. And at what psi.

BIG BRAKES ARE A MUST

It should make over 250 at 1 bar boost. Not sure on the power and boost level that will fainlly be run just yet.

Why are big brakes a must???

I have some celica twin pot's for it anyway. But power has nothing to do with brakes.

Gaz- Yes 750's for the civic.

its a must because the stock brakes are shit. ofcourse power has something to do with brakes, if you can't stop when you're moving rapidly then its a death trap. there's a difference between slowing down safely and dangerously, the stock brakes are gash, especially when you're moving.

be interesting to see what you'll make with it anyway. also, wasn't much point posting a pic if the only thing in place is a turbo precariously hanging there, hence asking about the cat etc. was merely an observation ;)

the stock brakes are gash

there not "gash" there good for there intended use, holding back 130bhp, there only garbage when you start pushing them beyond there intended use, my brakes are stock apart from greenstuff pads and i out broke an fto the other day (think it was kye, rick)

also is that the stock cat rick on minces glanza ?? so when it was running about beating most things at 202 bhp it had stock cat ??

there not "gash" there good for there intended use, holding back 130bhp, there only garbage when you start pushing them beyond there intended use, my brakes are stock apart from greenstuff pads and i out broke an fto the other day (think it was kye, rick)

also is that the stock cat rick on minces glanza ?? so when it was running about beating most things at 202 bhp it had stock cat ??

No i took the middle out of it.

its a must because the stock brakes are shit. ofcourse power has something to do with brakes, if you can't stop when you're moving rapidly then its a death trap. there's a difference between slowing down safely and dangerously, the stock brakes are gash, especially when you're moving.

be interesting to see what you'll make with it anyway. also, wasn't much point posting a pic if the only thing in place is a turbo precariously hanging there, hence asking about the cat etc. was merely an observation ;)

Stock brakes aren't the best, but there not the worse on a car. It really depends how you brake. Rather than spending money on brake's next time, i suggest a lesson on driving.

I've got 15" disc's and 6 pot's on my evo, if i drive like a tw4t they'll fade just like any others.

90% of what contributes to good brakes is the pad material.

If you put big front brakes on your car and try to stop from 80-90-100, standard brakes will probably beat them 9 times out of 10, they will be more consistant and better setup than the average joe messing around with things. What they won't do is last as long before they fade.

But power doesn't ever mean you need bigger brakes, driving style does. If this was a car i was building for some1 else i'd strongly recommend changing the brakes.

The civic is on standard brakes, also, take a look at most drag car's with 13 and 14 inch wheels, in the evo world you downgrade your brakes to smaller 1s in order to put drag tyres on in some cases.

• 2 weeks later...

for a fast road car you need to change them, and i agree with what your saying about standard brakes on drag cars, i remember seeing keith cowies skyline on stock stoppers a while back,,

It should make over 250 at 1 bar boost. Not sure on the power and boost level that will fainlly be run just yet.

Why are big brakes a must???

I have some celica twin pot's for it anyway. But power has nothing to do with brakes.

Well it depends on wht yur using it for. If drag then no. but if your planning for road/track. Brakes need to be capable of bringing the car to a holt quickly.

like the manifold. Seems close to the radiator. Are you planning to ceramic coat it or heat rap it.

er.... interesting manifold.

why did you choose that design? youll be rewelding that once a month.

I'm using that design because it's the most equal length while retaining the standard rad and having a good flowing wastegate, the gate will come from the 90 just after the collector. After extensive research i think this design will be best given the room and flow/style of the car.

It's fully back purged 3mm thick, preheated V'd and with filler, what make's you think it will crack?

not to sure on that mani desgin to be honest, thought it be best to re route runner 1 so it comes in closer, where did you get your head to mani flange made up?

Not sure what you mean? A shorter pipe from runner 1? I don't think that would be possible while retaining the design.

Head to manifold flange was made up by a mate.

Well it depends on wht yur using it for. If drag then no. but if your planning for road/track. Brakes need to be capable of bringing the car to a holt quickly.

like the manifold. Seems close to the radiator. Are you planning to ceramic coat it or heat rap it.

Like i said on brakes it'll probably use the celica 2 pots, but i was trying to make a point, if this was to be a drag car standard brakes would be fine.

It's not actually that close to the rad, i made it as close as it could be without causing a problem, in the pic's it's not bolted to the head, there's probably about 15-20mm clearance min.