Hello hello! welcome to the madness we call home :p

stunning little car matey!!!

check out some of the other cars in the extreme ep section im sure youll get some insperation

for things to do on your little car!

Any questions or quiries feel free to ask every ones always willing to help out :p

Rosco!.

Yeah i have indeed, The idle is a bit choppy its between like 1k and 600ish and and weirdly it looks as though theres oil where the second spark plug is around there, but it hasnt come from the breather pipe? and if i leave the car to idle for a good ten mins an pull off smoke comes out, was adviced it could be the oil seals or stem seals! other than that its pretty good! :p

ok, im not sure about the idle as i hav a ep91 but not sure if it would be different on a ep82 probabbly not thou!!

the rocker cover has a gasket all the way around the outside of the cover then single round gaskets at each spark plug hole, not sure if it is maybe coming from down one of the spark plug holes!!!

again not to sure about the smoke but im sure someone with a 82 will be able to tell you

gary

ok, im not sure about the idle as i hav a ep91 but not sure if it would be different on a ep82 probabbly not thou!!

the rocker cover has a gasket all the way around the outside of the cover then single round gaskets at each spark plug hole, not sure if it is maybe coming from down one of the spark plug holes!!!

again not to sure about the smoke but im sure someone with a 82 will be able to tell you

gary

Cheers mate, yeah i think it is indeed coming from the lil rubber ring gasket things around the spark plugs kinda thing :)

nice gt mate...is your idle just unstable then? could be a hunting idle, check all the vac pipes are connected properly on the inlet mani ;)

Cheers mate i'll give it a looking at, its pretty weird because it drops to like 600 for a while and goes back up to like 950 when i turn the lights on etc, i've already replaced a rocker cover gasket and pcv valve so i guess i'll check the rest :)

where abouts is this found? Cheers

I can't remember which of these it is as I haven't had a Starlet for a while!

Im pretty sure its the one ive circled in red however it maybe the one in yellow.

Easiest way to find out is to start the engine and then disconnect the plug, if the engine stalls after a few seconds then thats the idle control valve.

Hope that helps.

2938784590103389187S500x500Q85.jpg

Excellent cheers mate i'll check that out tomorow, how do i clean this or isit just best to replace? Cheers mate.

I can't remember which of these it is as I haven't had a Starlet for a while!

Im pretty sure its the one ive circled in red however it maybe the one in yellow.

Easiest way to find out is to start the engine and then disconnect the plug, if the engine stalls after a few seconds then thats the idle control valve.

Hope that helps.

2938784590103389187S500x500Q85.jpg