A-level results....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U means ungraded ie less than 40%, every year people who are excellent at computer stuff get shafted by that, my mate who only got an E for IT A-Level, got a first at uni and now makes computer games

The 40% threshold is also used in Uni, at least for my degree anyways.

I never did A-Levels, instead went for a BTEC Diploma in Software Development. In my eyes, doing one broad-ish course (BTEC) is better than taking three modules that each concentrate on specific things. (A-Levels). Plus, I found that with the BTEC, you tend to do more the stuff you'd be doing in a company anyway, such as software analysis and design reports and whatnot.

Got my a-level results today

B in chemistry

D in bio

D in geography

i just missed out on A in chem and C`s in the other two....so i dint get in for pharmacy but got in for bio-med so i can transfer after a yr to pharmacy depending on my reults at uni well chuffed!!

U means ungraded ie less than 40%, every year people who are excellent at computer stuff get shafted by that, my mate who only got an E for IT A-Level, got a first at uni and now makes computer games

Hmm thats strange. A Level IT was the biggest piss take ever, easy as fuck. Computer Science BSc on the other hand is fucking hard! Wierd! Maybe hes more of a programmer.

The college I attend doesn't offer BTEC courses, A levels only. I wanted to go to this college as it has a very high reputation so I had to go A levels! Otherwise I would have done a BTEC in Art/Design/Graphics.

I did both A-Levels and a BTEC and for my course/career the BTEC was far better

I am in the process doing what you did, I went from AS levels to a mechanical BTEC. Loving the Mechanical Engineering.

Good job guys on the results looks impressive! I for one will be heading out tonight for a few bevvys as that seems what most people are doing. Cheers!

i know someone who didnt go to school for 3 years due to bad bullying and such, maybe thats the reason but if Josie doesnt want to say.. she doesnt have to..

unless she skived.

i wasnt buillied, just other stuff that was more important at the time :p

i know i got a C in my english language .. well annoyed tho, went in for foundation paper, got told i could of done higher and gotten a B!!

Congrats to everyone getting there grades coming in, im on placement year from uni so for the first time in 6 years im not actually thinking about exams at this time of year and its bloody amazing!! Definately dont agree with "kara & Gav" though, just because you know people who went to uni and now work at mcdonalds that just means they are drop outs and wouldnt achieve anything whether they went to uni or not. All its about is trying, if you go through uni, which you have to nowadays for alot of jobs, then you have to work very hard. But uni/college isnt the be all and end all. There are alot of skills you can have that you can never be taught at school, so even if you dropout after college if you apply yourself and actually put effort in then you will make something of yourself. The problem is condemning one option or the other.

Anyway that was a bit deep for this time of night.

Im doing motorsport engineering in uni and I flunked maths A level and didnt even do physics!!!, find it so much easier in uni though ( I got 2 resits after JAE though :mellow: )

What uni are you going to? I was planning on taking either Motorsport engineering or Automotive design (grades permitting).

Cheers.

Im at brunel, and yeah my degree is motorsport also. Dunno how your doing it sparky without maths an physics, the whole reason i took up physics was because every single university wanted c's or b's in both at a-level.

Nice 1. my cousing goes Brunnel. He does motorsport engineering or something familiar. Is it gonna be your second year?

i wasnt buillied, just other stuff that was more important at the time :mellow:

i know i got a C in my english language .. well annoyed tho, went in for foundation paper, got told i could of done higher and gotten a B!!

josie why would anyone bully your pretty self huh? that would be wrong

@ Idrees by Flunking Maths I mean I dropped out ;)

I am at swansea uni

@ MaccyD I done the foundation year because I was out of school for three years so needed to refresh my memory ;) Its basically just A level stage again :mellow: