Rick's Nissan S15 Silvia Spec R Aero

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its horrific. actually terrible tbh. only realon i drove it today is because the yaris doesnt have an exhaust on it atm. its not fun in the wet.

last night i was driving home. doing about 40 in 3rd gear, nothing fancy, just pootling home. hardy touched the throttle and out she came. even if youre in a straight line and you put your foot down it will kick out for fun. ive had it go loose on the motorway at 70 before. that wasnt fun....

if youre not used to a rwd car, these are not really one for noobs. get a 200sx first. they are alot tamer.

about once a month theres a post on the s15oc from someone whos just bought one, and before theyve even got it home. theyve written it off.

they really can be a handful if youre not up to the job.

fuel wise, its pretty much double what a starlet does.

70 quid will get you 300 or so miles. if driven every day, you really start to notice the cost of petrol... lol.

as for driving it, imagine every time you accidentally spun up the front wheels in the starlet.... now imagine what it would be like with 300 or so hp... then imagine every time you spun it up, it didnt just understeer a bit, but the back end snapped round.

id recommend doing some drift days though if you do get one, you realy learn how to react to a slide. you have to teach yourself to do things that are pretty unnatural at first, like keeping your toe in it even when its going sideways etc. silly things like that.

• 4 weeks later...

Rick what series PE turbo is that, i had a look through and cant see what model it is. is it the PE1420?

I was thinking about running the PE1919T on my mr2 as i want a nice responce but not silly power.... whats the drive and spool like on yours?

Seats dont look very supportive but it might just be the pics

Get Bildo to detail the fuck out of it

If he wipes the shit away carefully it'll return to being a freshly detailed car!

• 8 months later...