Rick's Nissan S15 Silvia Spec R Aero

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

ive not updated this in ages, as i wasnt posting. but now im back. heres a mansized update.

right, i havent updated this in an age! so heres a big catch up!

i took her off the road a good while back to give it a nice overhaul and fit a few bits and bobs that need fitting.

i then decided to get to work on the engine. that PE turbo had spent too long on the cupboard for my liking.

out came the stock turbo and all that crap, and in went the PE.

S7300086.jpg

while the engine was appart, i took the chance to powdercoat the cam cover and other bits.

06112008236.jpg

06112008240.jpg

nice?

after a long old search, i FINALLY found an OEM aero front bumper for a good price! (they are so rare, its actually a joke)

so off the car went to have that fitted and sprayed along with a few other bits i had been waiting to fit.

wisesquare front wings and some veilside mirrors i had picked up a while ago.

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

i also managed to get hold of a fujitsubo giken exhaust for it to replace the japspeed one i had on there, it was just too loud for me.

IMG_0101.jpg

much nicer! proper JDM lovelyness.

had the car mapped up at H-Dev and it feels like a new car. that little PE turbo is a punchy little fucker. it has a very very usable torque band and will be perfect for what i want on track. pulls nice and hard all the way to the redline.

but now comes the hard bit. the suspension.

im going to go all out on the handling, and get it cornering as best i can as i plan to do quite a lot of trackwork with her, and trying to keep up with the rest of the tc boys round corners isnt easy in their hondas.

starting with the subframe. i didnt want locking collars, so i decided to sort it out properly.

out come the stock bushes (what a fucker they were!), i ended up burning them out as they were rediculous.

TC bonfires.

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

after alot of fannying about, they all came out, and the subframe went off to the powdercoaters for a refirb.

it was shotblasted, zinc coated to prevent rust and then powdercoated in a nice quiet colour.

IMG_0123.jpg

i have all the DW control arms, so i got the frame done in the same colour to match it all.

then the solid ally bushes went in.

IMG_0127.jpg

mounting bushes...

IMG_0124.jpg

diff bushes...

IMG_0125.jpg

s bodys suffer from a sloppy feel in the rear due to the rubber bushes, so these are a worthwhile mod, even if they are the biggest prick in the world to fit.

thats it for now. im planning on getting it all fitted and sorted this weekend.

so ill try to keep this thread updated on a more regular basis now that ive got it up to date!

I think i have just done a sex wee :(

That is some impressive work mate, looks truely awsome!!!!!!

Most people would be put off with going to this much effort but fair play to you. You have put so much effort into that subframe and most people will never see it! Its only people following this thread that will understand how much effort you have put in! I love the look of the 15's as well, will be keeping an close eye on this, you never know it might make me want to actually do some work on mine!!! LOL

Jason :p

i only did it in stupid orange, as it was the same price as black. so i though "fuck it".

the work of that rear subby will show in the handling once its all sorted out ^^

Didn't mean the colour :( I meant you have put so much work into cleaning it up and getting it powdercoated. Most people i know would have removed the old bush's put new ones in then back on the car! Others may clean it up and give it a quick coat of paint but you have gone to the effort of getting it shotblasted and powdercoated!!!! LEGEND!!!! if this is the effort you put into something thats not going to be seen then i can't wait to see the rest of the car done :p:p:p

ah rite.

i dont really do things by halves. if im going to do it. ill get it done properly!

shotblasting it cleans it all up so i can check the welds properly and make sure its all lovely and nice. last thing i want is to have to take it off next year because its all rusty and shit ^