Rick's Nissan S15 Silvia Spec R Aero

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not yet mate. swapping out the subframe is a massive job. exhaust/propshaft/hubs/diff, everything at the back of the car has to pretty much be removed.

that, coupled with the fact that i do not drive it anywhere near hard enough during winter to need all those bits (its a fucking handful in the dry, let alone in wet).

i also hate working on cars in the cold/wet. im a fair-weather mechanic :thumbsup:

ill wait till the tax runs out in Jan, SORN it and fit all the stuff on it. give it a nice little overhaul etc.

are the rays stagered fitment?? if not whats the silvia's like to drive with the same width wheels? as mr2's are shite unless you get a staggered fitment and get the back nice and wide.

none the less amazing wheels! and i only wish i could get my hands on some nice bronze GramLights :p

they arrived today.... fuck me, they are so so pretty....

also, they are not staggered, they only make the 57s in 2 offsets at that size. 33 and 45... 45 is for gayboys ^^

i will stagger the tyres though. ill probs go 15mm more on the rears. i have fully adjustable rear arms, so the track is wider at the rear as well.

im not mega fussed about how it handles on these rims anyway, these are more posey lush wheels.

the rpf1's will be on if there is any spirited/track driving going on.

• 1 month later...

engines done mate, its where i want it.

its running around 330hp, which is plenty. any more than that and it starts getting very very tail happy and you cant really use it on the road properly.

they are very very torquey motors, its already lively enough. its perfect for track work.