Sparky's Carbon Clad Glanza Replica

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hey guys long time no update.....

Right recieved a part today in a Carling crate (nice one ecks B) B))

09082007145.jpg

09082007144.jpg

Some of you may know that I broke one of these so needed a new one B)

Right some advice now..... i'm going to spray the inside of the light black but I dont know how much of it I could spray and get away with if you know what I mean.

The top left part of the light (triangle bit) will definitley be OK to spray but I was just wondering about the bit inside that isn't little squares (the smooth bit), would that be OK to spray you think? sorry about the poor explanation ;)

Will have another update soon as Mike (Muddyell) is coming to pick up the Glanza spoiler off me so I can get on and order the Carbon Fibre one and im also waiting on late spec Glanza rear lenses B)

I am almost ready to make I start putting it all together now aswell B):D

hmmmmm I've really been thinkin about orderin some of those recently too mate!!! they're just so lush!!!! damn i wish i had more money to spend on my car!!!! i defo plan on gettin a set of those sexy buggers!!!!!

and also, CF top spoiler, SEXUAL!!!!! also on my shoppin list but only after a few other choice parts!!!!!

GET FECKIN STARTED IMMEDIATLEY LEWIS!!! all this time it was off the road u could have had it FINISHED already instead of fannyin about with MX bikes u numpty!!!!

keep us posted my friend!

Phil.

Very nice, the best way I can explain about the Black part is... look at a Glanza headlight and do just the same thing. They look awesome, and atleast you know they're completely legal.

Good luck with getting those buggers opened though! I mean the glass off the unit, take your time with it though because they're easily cracked!!

yea man with what you said,

i totaly understand, both those parts mentioned would look the tits sprayed,

uve amased quite a few different ideas dude, looking forward to seing the final product ;)

whats the craic with your lisence man?

Cheers guys B)

Will get both parts sparyed on the broken light as a tester to see what it will look like B)

@Phil I know what was I think with the bike....god knows what teh car would be like now if I didnt buy it B) B) ;)

@Geo.....I got my license back and my theory test is booked for next Thursday so fingers crossed I pass that and if I do I will book my driving test the same day but apparently there is about a month waiting list on that :D

I want to be on the road in September B)

Fingers crossed B)

@ Zipeee the gold strips were on the car when I bought it...looks like the were just painted, wasn't my cup of tea so they are long gone now as you may have noticed further on in the thread ;)

@ Phil, patience is the key B)

Yea it did look good...there is now a Clio "Williams wannabe" with teh same theme going around my way ;)

But due to my wheels being absolutely wrecked and my new wheels being gunmetal with polished lip the gold strips had to go B)

Things are moving along now :lol:

My dad was up today and told me he has made a start on the car :D

The bumper and lights are off so are the wings.

Ross is picking up the front bumper Thursday to get the lip fitted so hopefully that will be done next week.

Then it will be going back together :D

Hopefully this weekend I will get the braided lines fitted and give the calipers and drums a coat of paint and while teh lights and indicators are off, get them painted black aswell :D

Will update with pics whe I can :D

My old man is a long distance lorry driver and works 12-14 hr shifts 6 days a week!!!!

Must of started it in his spare time but he has loads of experience in mechanics and auto-electrics :D

So my car is in very good hands :D

Oh and thanks for the help over MSN Idrees :D

Will get the results up on the weekend :lol: