My 5dr N/A......"Bob"

Tbh they are old cars can't ask too much from them they were made 10-15 years ago. Even some modern cars don't have front elecy windows lol

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still technically 2nd driver in her name and I've been offered another car, and she needs a car now anyway (she used to only use it saturdays while I used it the rest of the week, but now she needs it more) so It'd still be in the family, but I may not be driving it as much..

Shafz.

• 1 month later...

Service time!!!

oil + oil filter = done

heat range 5 iridium plugs = done

panel filter checked + cleaned = done

To those who dont have a magnetic sump plug, i`d recommend getting one i didnt think it would catch anything but 11k later and look at the small filings including a thin metal shaving of some sort attached to it.

getattachmentaspxwj.jpg

refyk.jpg

Next!

Ive had the car for two years and one of the first things i did was check the pads...they were halfway and genuine toyota ones (god knows how long they have been in there could be from day 1?? ) still have plenty of life in them. went to replace them to be greeted with this

huhuaspx.jpg

the back of the driverside brake pad has lip and all the way around the disc theres roughly 5mm of area thats rusty and flaky oh and the caliper needs freeing off.....great :wub:

i was bored soooooooo.....thought id bypass the coolant from the throttle body

looked like this, one pipe in and one out

etattachmentaspx.jpg

the braided pipe is longer and this is the shorter one

getathmentaspx.jpg

disconnect the short one completely and attach the braided one to where the short one was, attach the short one to the throttle body so its there incase you need to change it back (its one of those things ull put somewhere and loose the fecker for when you need to put it back = ball ache) or you happen to go to some mofo place like an arctic exhibition and need to warm the tb up

achmentaspx.jpg

seal it all back up

mentaspx.jpg

after a quick run the throttle body is cold to the touch no where near as hot/warm as it was with the coolant going thru it = win

• 1 month later...

Nearly run in :)

photomv.jpg

Replaced the front speakers with the optional extras i got sound alot better, got my eye on a sub and some shelf speakers to replace the massive ones i had before

defo take some time off work to get the braking sorted and a few bits and bats before JF2

• 2 weeks later...

was bored again so ripped the charcoal cannister out lol didnt think twice just took it out and flung it in the garage vented the tank to the little black box, not sure why i did meh.....every little helps with the environment so on and so forth

photo1gp.jpg

Was feeling creative after that :p i saved a jar (sad?) from my room mate looked like a nice size to make what i wanted, a DIY catch can

photo2yzn.jpg

filled with a brillo donated by mum (increase SA for the vapour to condense on etc)

photo3mw.jpg

BOOM! its on, i found a venty thing for the other breather so threw that on looks the part

photomt.jpg

Started him up, gave it some revs after i checked everything was ok and it seems to be working saw some oil build around the lid just needs a good rag on the motorway now...noticed the threads havnt sealed properly so its something ill address later when i CBA

a point to note for the N/A people, you need vac to pull the vapour and stuff thru to the cannister/jar otherwise it just doesnt work.....the other "hole" just releases heat so theres no point attaching the can/jar to that just vent it and let it do its thing

Next on the cards is a custom intake and to get the pillar pod sorted

cheers mate, lol it actually works went for a 75 mile round trip and it had oil inside ill take pics tomorrow defo a mod everyone should consider saves alot of cleaning up of the inlet/TB

Just had another DIY idea, ive been looking at materials to make a box to enclose a cone filter in (like the BMC CDA and K+N apollo)

something cheap....easy to make and durable

• fiberglass
  • lexan/perspex (may melt/crack)
  • wood LOL!
  • metal (too hard to make tbh

the it hit me! why not use something like this!

its resealable coffee tin with a filter inside hooked up to the throttle body and cold air feed wrapped in that heat foil stuff

nescaforiginalcoffeegra.jpg

what you guys reckon?

its just finding the right sized container now, plenty of rooms now the charcoal cannister is out

i should have the ALK fitted tomorrow after ~2years of it sitting in the garage LOL

took a pic of the catch jar

phototq.jpg

tbh i just throw it about and abuse it nearli all the time.....so duno?

im moding whatever i can to keep it clean/cheap and squeeze as much power as i can out of it

oh i also replaced the front gearbox mount to a genuine one i picked up for much cheapness...its given the car

a nice racey interior vibration

it doesnt seem to get stuck going into first although its done it once since fitting (will monitor this)

the old mount seemed to have dropped by 2cm or so when i compared it to the old one (sorry no pics)

the car pulls nicely off the lights im confident poly mounts would change the feel of the car its just if one can cope with the vibrations