My 5dr N/A......"Bob"

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been assured its been laquered, my own conclusion is give it a machine buff with polish and see what comes of it...as for the stickers they are ready to go on once the spoiler is shiney and on the car.

I am the one who painted the spoiler and to be totally honest the lacquer did not come out too good, as I told you before Asad. It was really cold outside and the paint just doesn't settle nicely. But like I said before, bring it back if your not happy with it and I'll do it again, might be a good idea to let the weather improve a little first though!

Ive just finished polishing the Galliano.. fack, guys, dont do polishing on a winter afternoon, one of my hands is now slightly larger than the other - now i know how Jeremy Beadle felt..

On the other hand, its gleaming nicely, ready for tomorrow :p

But, do get some pics up once its had the third step of meguires Asad, i wanna see if the results bring much difference between just the first and second step :(

Fook that man, came home around 4.25ish was dark as anything....pissed me off so i didnt even bother going to get the stuff.

on a better note bourkey i`ve put two sockets to one side they should do the job, but go easy :(

Just text ric aswell to come early in the morning so i can get his mani on asap!

Only got the paint cleaner today (get all the kit slowly ,i cant afford it £8.45 a pop + £23 for clay kit) n fitted rics mani after giving it a quick paint job looks lush...he doesnt seem to notice a big which is a surprise but he`ll get used to it

Just two questions/tip bud

1) original paint work?....order an eraser wheel off ebay cost you around £8 n the lady posts rapid (i ordered on lyk fri it was here on tue)

when you get it use the lowest speed setting, keep it moving, and use the full outer edge the full wheel should do the whole car

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Strip-Off-Eraser-Whe...%3A1|240%3A1318

2) re-painted? stick to the old school method...hairdryer etc

reason being original paint work is "baked" at a higher temp for it to set, body shops use a lower temp oven at almost half the manufacturers temp.

its got the 50" profile tyre :thumbsup:

Yup sticky pad...what i did was use an old credit card to lift it up when you`ve got a good grip rip it all off slowly.

Opening the door helps when trying to grip the edge....

TTE spoiler is near enough ready to go on (just waiting for better weather and it needs a good buff)

lower him on TTE springs if they ever come up...apart frm that just look after him and bring the paint work back to its former glory.... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

** cleaning update **

Morning, i went out and got a clay kit frm halfords....results (bear in mind i did it the lazy way, wiped the dirt off with a cloth from just a section of the bonnet)

There was alot of shit on the bonnet, you could actually feel the friction between the clay + surface....now it feels, looks as smooth and shiney as bourkeys beast.

1) wiped dirt off

2) quick detailer + clay

3) wipe off with microfibre cloth

4) paint cleaner

5) wax

6) quick wipe off with microfibre

16012009127.jpg

16012009129.jpg

what i would do next time

1) Wash the car/area

2) dont dry it leave it wet and spray on the quick detailer (this will save the amount of quick detailer you use)

3) knead the clay, you want a large as possible flat SA

4) clay lightly

5) wipe off with a microfibre cloth

6) paint cleaner

7) polish

8) wax

9) quick wipe again

You get 3 small bars in the kit (3x2 inch) it feels like blu-tac, ill bring it round tomorrow n we`ll do a little patch on the bonnet.. :thumbsup:

It would take ages to do the whole car and good old british weather isn`t exactly helpfull...so what i propose to do is do the bonnet + roof and then all the other bits on separate occasions so its all at roughly the same stage then just maintain it.....not sure how long the clay will last too.

Yeah do a touch on my car to see if there is a difference. Im a bit sceptical as my car it already really smooth when it's clean anyway. It's made a huge difference on yours though. I can tell just from the picture.

Bourkey

I think it will bring up some stuff but not to the extent it did on mine, as its never been looked after to same level yours has (the old dude before me loved car washes the lazy git)

I musn`t forget your TTE stickers!