My 5dr N/A......"Bob"

yeah, whole pipe off, put the hole in the box for the sensor, filter in sensor in put the pipe on tighten n then stretch it to the tb n tighten it at that end was easy really only thing which took time was the hole for the sensor because i filed it by hand n it came out perfect :huh:

for £3 looks so much better n not out of place.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol for my sensor hole in the airpipe we didn't have a big enough drillbit so just used a smaller one and moved it around a bit until the hole was big enough

no filing or nothing, just squeezed the rubber bung in

=

success

lol i used a little drill bit n filed it out using needle files took abt 10min, put the old gromet in n bobs your uncle....i dint wanna put it in the rubber pipe like a few people have on here as it was already stretched n i dont do cowboy jobs :huh:

Tut tut you missed coming to meet us. You better not miss us next week as we have the West Yorkshire meet :lol:. Glad you got it sorted though. We didn't get anything sorted of ours. Well we washed the cars but i had to drive to Sheffield last night and come back today so it was a complete waste of time.

You going to get it waxed up for the meet next week mate?

Bourkey

Meet = ill be there dad will kick up an argument n say its a waste of petrol but im commin full stop! hopefully a mates comming im trying to get him to gt a EP but he wants a corsa,clio,polo... :lol:

im hoping to shoot down on sat morning get a clay kit from halfrauds wash n clean it pick my mate up,off to yours n then bomb it down to idrees`s place sounds like an ideal day :lol:

Yeah lots of using yummy petrol. You want to tell your dad your not "wasting" as much as me and Mark when we are flying about every Saturday :lol:.

Yeah we can clay your car but i can't be fussed doing mine. I might change my mind if yours looks mint though.

Bourkey

only thing is mines got shitloads of swirl marks all over the car.....i would like to get rid of them

but when i waxed it i felt the roof n it had like tiny bumps on the surface so claying seems like the ideal solution

Update- i think the whitline kit has arrived should be picking it up tomorrow fingers crossed n mabe getting the rear arb fitted too? spoiler has been painted and just needs fitting when its fitted ill see what it looks like with out bump strips for now i really like the "edit" a good clay down n polish should get the best of the colour

26082008696dddddd.jpg

Firstly a very big thankyou to bourkey for fitting the arb today....can notice the diff not really had the chance to throw it about because of the rain but it rattles alot bourkey????? , TTE spoiler recieved today too (thankyou idrees n whack the glue in the post ill give you my uni address)...im going to fit the spoiler on at uni so its going with me and i will also polish n buff it before it goes on too. do i just tape it on with masking tape for support??

also the alk may be put on this comming saturday....im going to start really early on them any tips? finally try n wash th car, its been over a month!! (basitd pastic card mofo biatch, it was at tesco anyway :blink: )

as for the bump strips they will be tackled the weekend after, i was the only 1 at the meet with them on!!!

The arb was knocking as it needed tightning up ALOT when i get back home both tyres are comming off n its going to get the old muscle treatment (i advise you check yours too jimbo and anyone else).....brought the spoiler with me but no polish Do`h! :blink:

it handles soo much better now no more being thrown about just sits nicely around corners= win!! roll on alk! another 3-400miles then oil+filter change.

It behaved itself today on the motorway still thristy tho..... :(

i read somewhere that stars are thirsty on the motorway, constant 70 aint really any good for economy i guess.. hammering the guts out of a 1.3 aint either :(

glad to hear everythings coming together bud, shame about the polish :blink:

come to think of it im always around 65-80 mabe i need to drive grandad style?

im really stuck on the spoiler now.....after asking liam he said the tiger seal wont probaly bond too good in the cold any suggestions?

Must have a nut loose on it somewhere. It's put on exactly the same as mine so it is the only thing it could be. Some of the thread locker may also have washed off in the vast amount of rain we had that night. Make sure you tighten it up sooner than later though as you don't want it dropping off. It wont make you crash or anything but it would obviously damage it considerably.

That Wispa and Sprite went down a treat :blink:.

Bourkey

I tightend up what i could reach....it doesnt knock anymore and all of the nuts will be re-done again with possible thread lock on sat to en-sure it stays put. I will only be going on a 40mile journey home so hopefully nothing happens lol.....yeah as above mate re-check yours just to be on the safe side :blink: