A new begining

said goodbye to much beloved 106 gti last week :p

yesterday saw a trip down to Kent to go and have a second look at the little Starlet Glanza. i ended up taking it home :lol:

It doesnt feel as quick as the gti or corner as well but i just seem to love it really. the mods include:

Laserline Cat 1 alarm with 2 fobs and certificate for insurance

Original Toyota mats

Factory front strut brace

Factory rear strut brace

Factory wind deflectors

Factory option rear mid (duck) spoiler

Factory option front bumper extension (only primed at this time)

Apexi full aftermarket stainless steel exhaust

HKS induction kit

HKS dump valve

HKS actuator

HKS oil cap

HKS radiator cap

Blitz turbo timer

Blitz boost gauge

TEIN lowering springs

Rota grid alloys (in white) with Toyo tires (only about 4 months old)

Momo steering wheel

TRD horn button

Momo gear knob and gaiter

Momo handbrake and gaiter

Sparco road pedals

TRD tax disc holder

cdplayer & speakers

very happy anyway, put her on high boost last night, seems because it running higher boost than usal the ecu doesnt like it so it flaggin up the EML and even had a fuel cut :p so have to sort out some management/remap for her.

Heres some pics as she stands

DSC00600.JPG

DSC00603.JPG

DSC00604.JPG

DSC00597.JPG

DSC00602.JPG

DSC00596.JPG

DSC00601.JPG

Im sure you're aware you cant 'remap' them, however you will prob be aware of what management you can purchase to sort out your fuel cut issue (however the underlying issue of the ct9's crap wastegate/actuator will still be there, so might want to look into resolving that also).

does look alot like al's as someone said :lol:

nice ep bruv, to feel the difference you could remove the hi low boost solenoid, that way you can unlock the full 133bhp in the first two gears,

thats why it wont feel as fast because even in hi boost it still limits the boost, the guides in the faq section,

also what is the car boosting to when it hits fual cut, it might be a good idea to wind the actuater down 1 turn to turn the boost down abit, that might solve your boost cut issues.

with a setup like that the something like an emanage and ebc will have you pumping a bar in no time at all

it should be .6 for hi but fual cut ocurs at 12.5 psi, forgot what that equates to in bar but you need to turn the actuater down so it dosent triger that,

for refrence once you take the c clip off you extend the actuater to turn it down and shorten it to turn it up,

also have a look here holmes,

once you have turned it down follow this guide and you should be laughing :lol:

clicky here for h low boost mod

Looks lush mate

Does kinda look like Al's minus the bonnet and fmic etc

Your probably getting a bit of boost creep in this cold weather so just wind the actuator back a touch you may want to get a FCD aswell :lol:

Theres 14psi to 1 Bar in my knowledge?

12.5 /14 = 0.89BAR it should be able to take?

any mroe thoughts.

Do love it and going to a RR day sunday, anyone from SE is welcome to join me at AMD essex.

14.5 psi is 1 bar to be more precise and so 12.5psi is 0.86bar, but the fuel cut level can vary slightly as its actually the map sensor voltage level which triggers it not the pressure, plus if your boost gauge isn't 100% accurate then its hard to say exactly when it occurs.

Basically running 0.8bar should be ok, but as sparky said the colder denser air will increase the pressure and you'll be more likely to hit fuel cut, on the glanza's the engine management light should flash just before you hit it as a bit of warning, since its not good fof the engine to bouncing off it regularly. Also I wouldn't get an fcd without some form of fuelling and rolling road session to then get it spot on.

Nice car though mate, good luck with it. :lol:

to know if if the boost restrition is in place you will only see two of the three boost lights light up in first and second,

if all three lite up then its been derestricted,.

if you can get past 120 then your speedcut has some how been removed. might be a good idea to poke behind the dash to see if there is an sld in there/

as for management

you spoilt for choice . . . . . . you could go after something like thisclick for blizen[/turl]

plain straight and simple plug and play, there are about half a dozen companys that make these plug and play ecus, thery are precet to 1bar mods usualy and eveyone is different. but they do trim the ignition and fual tables adjusting to your fual

or you could go for one of the many many piggy backs ultimately better imo

all three lights come on in 1st and second i think. ill have a check later, thanks for that :lol: i thought looking at my boost gauage it didnt make any diffrence? illc heck thou

120 ill wait i think lol

ill have to look at the mangement options tbh :p