....Rhys's EP82 GT Turbo....

Build Progress Thread - My Goal? To build the ultimate carbon fibre GT

My_ep82_GTT.jpg

Image051.jpg

My Goal

Well, basically im a carbon fibre and rare parts nutter, i love having things no one else has got, to try and be a bit unique and stand out, im not one to brag and make out just because ive got a rare part that im better than the other person, because im not, everyone has their prefferances and choices. I have always liked hunting down rare parts, searching and scouring every nook-and-cranny of the internet for that exclusive bit of kit, i enjoy it, especially when i find a part that i can afford and buy it and have it in my posession, thats a great feeling to know you've bought and saved somthing rare. My goal though is simple, build a powerfull, quick, fast accelarating and amazing handling GT, which can pack more than a punch. Not only will it be able to perform but to be a good show peice. Lots of carbon fibre bits are in store, ok, what i have in mind in the way of carbon fibre may be a bit overkill or over the top some might say, but hell, why not? Looks amazing, weighs nothing and i love the stuff.Rare parts are essential as i love to be unique, i enjoy hunting down rare parts that are exclusive or not many people have got. Love to be a bit different and stand out from the crowd. So expect rare parts when i can afford them.

Current spec list:

Rays Volk TE37's in bronze (16 x 6.5's)

Rays duralamin wheel nuts

Optional toyota aeropack (skirts, bumper spats)

RS*R cat back exhaust system

RX-7 Top mount intercooler + samco silicone pipes

Golpher Aluminium race radiator + Toyota RED coolant

Samco silicone water hoses

SARD adj. BOV

Custom stainless intake and cone filter

OMP suede deep dish steering wheel + boss kit

Blitz FATT DCII Turbo timer

Boost gauge

Razo gearknob

Kenwood Ipod interface CD player

Infinity 6x9 parcel shelf speakers

Auto Watch Alarm/Imobilizer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stuff not yet fitted, parts im currently paying for/bought:

Carbon fibre bonnet - sitting waiting to go on

Carbon fibre interior items (one off's) - Being posted

Power enterprise magnetic oil filter - sitting waiting to go on

Silkolene Pro S 5w-40 oil (5Ltr) - waiting to be done

Livesport's racing aero kit - currently paying for by instalments lol

Fitted and jobs done:

Fitted OMP suede deep dish steering wheel + boss......(removed stock steering wheel)

Fitted Golpher Aluminium racing radiator......(removed old cracked damaged rad)

Drain old coolant replaced with Toyota RED coolant

Fitted Samco blue silicone water hoses......(wanted some of these for ages!)

Fitted Brand new front bake discs and pads......(removed worn out scored discs and worn pads)

Fitted RS*R Exhaust system......(removed old 5zigen as i LOVE angled exit's)

UPDATE: Small update 02/02/2009

Removed the 5zigen exhaust system, good job i did as there are a fair few holes in it = MOT fail. Repairable, but i dont want it as i dont like it at all, picked up the rs*r from Gavin Collier (cheers mate), VERY pleased with it, its in bloody brilliant condition, very shiny and clean.

Fitted my nice new shiny (well, not new) RS*R 3" cat-back exhaust system yesterday afternoon.

Wanted one of these for ages, what a beast, gotta love the angled exit yO!

Cheers, lads, much appreciated for the comments. will be sorting more pics out very soon.

Oh and Galliano cheers for telling me that about the bumper caps, i never even knew haha!!

Im in the middle of doing the radiator swap and everything, will be ripping out the A/C and sorting that out, and doing the full oil change. Will probably be doing the sump seal at the same time, but i may leave that for the next oil change.

Im going to have my throttle body ported and polished to handle more power and better flow, should improve that side of things abit

Im going to hunt down some Magnecor or TRD HT leads as well and some NGK iridium plugs.

Cheers bud.......you can have a look no problem at all :p

Wait untill it gets resprayed then itll be nice, the paint is letting the car down at the moment, i dont think its been waxed for years! Not good at all. Will give it a good clean up before the meet though and see how much of the scratches will come out.

Bloody laquer has gone white on the roof ;) seems to be a thing with the toyota's my levin was like it in parts as well. Will try a bit of T-CUT on it as a few people have said it may get it sorted.......dunno about that but ill try.

You little bitch :p What carbon bits are they, they look pretty good!!

Nice to finally see it shall pop down next weekend when I got my car :D

Get some pics of with the TE37's on :D

Haha lol, think you summed me up there mate! ;)

Their interior items. I tell you what, lets see who can work out what bits they are! haha.

Yeah no problem give me a shout whenever mate, im never too far away.

Will get some pics soon, want to give it a good clean first, the paintwork is embarrassing at the moment.

A-pillers, floor bittys by the door, mirror caps and i have no idea what the other bits are.

What do i win :p:D

You win a doll and a drum and a kick up the bum!! classic.

Haha you didnt guess all of them though so ner ;) lmao

Good going though mate, their all the right guesses so far.

Ok, a small update:

Golpher Alu race rad now fitted. Had to re-polish it up because it looked shite, ive got a really nice shine on it now. Still doesnt sit right, seems to be slanted backwards at the top.....any ideas anyone?

Samco hoses STILL havent arrived and i ordered them a week ago now. gunna go F*CKIN mental if they arent here asap

Center console is all removed, along with the CD player.

Will be removing the ashtray and cig lighter to relocate the CD player, swapping the Kenwood ipod unit over from my pug as it cost a small fortune so better off in the starbo.

As for the 2-DIN slot, ive got a spare carbon fibre sheet with a (special :lol: oh yes, special) green tinge ready to cut and glue into place, this will later on be cut for switches and gauges.

Carbon fibre bonnet ive just about given up on the one i was buying from bristol i cant get hold of the guy who i was buying it off (DriveR off TGTT??) .... so may end up with buying one from somwhere else, ive got £320 to spend on one as its my bday pressie from the family.......so happy days.

Carbon fibre interior panels........well, i didnt really hold out much hope of those even being close to the UK at all any time soon, and if theyve been lost in the post like half the stuff ive ordered in the past its the one time where you will see me break down and cry. lol. Im not joking, i ordered an OMP corsica suede steering wheel and boss kit for my pug 106 in march time and it still isnt here.......not happy.

FMIC...the big question. which one to buy?! Theres loads, and i get told different things by different people, was originally thinking of running with a WEPR race spec one, but looking at the HDi ones, i really like them and sparky recommended them too, and i think hes right, but then theres a Blitz one for sale......or i could save for a HKS one?

Managed to get the rad done for the meet...........litterally threw it all together! ended up using my old water hoses but never mind, it worked and held up well!

Hopefully these are the next mods to come:

TOM's front bumper

HDi FMIC

Carbon fibre bonnet

Different exhaust system

Mini update...

Im collecting the carbon fibre bonnet this thursday from Taunton, so that should be fitted very soon.

My custom JAM sunstrip has come this week too, will be cutting it and fitting it when its dry...........thanks very much Emma!

Ok, as i said i was going for a TOM's front bumper, ive got a deposit down on one at the moment from a guy that im speaking to

This is the actual bumper fitted to his car before it was taken off, its had a respray in the genuine toyota paint, same colour and all obviously. Think hes sold his ep82 or somthing, not sure......here it is any way, looks good imo...

Tom_s_front_bumper.JPG

Now the number plate issue may be a problem, but i think ive worked out what im going to do, instead of restricting valuable air flow i may end up getting some sort of stick on number plate lettering made up in white and stick it across the top of the bumper. Im not sure wether its legal or not but is deffinatley worth a try, if i get stopped then ill think of somthing else.

Ok mini update....

Ive picked my carbon fibre bonnet up, i am now the proud owner of it. And f*ck me is it nice, cant get over how seriously light it is. just made me realise how much i LOVE carbon fibre. Its like an addiction once you see it in CF you want it.... I paid a VERY good price for it, and it was brand new and boxed never even seen a car before. Will add pics as soon as i can.

Fitted the JAM sunstrip. made a right mess of it really. But it will do for now, will hopefully get some more custom sunstrips made, will get a few different ones done so if theres any requests PM me, and ill make a small list.

Next thing i have to pay for is the TOM's front bumper, but thats on hold at the moment, luckily ive done a deposit on it so should be fine. Yet again christmas is absolutely raping me of my money and it seems ages away yet.

love that bumper man, wudv gone full TOMs kit if id gone the ep82 route

get some pics up man, i can only imagine so much lol

Haha cheers mate! :lol: .......lmao

Will do as soon as shes had a clean and when ive sorted the strange grey laquer fading on the roof out. That part of the car is friggin bummed at the moment.

Theres a few small glances of her in the meets section, the south wales meet.

Mines the one with the bronze coloured Rays on it.

Haha and you can just see my gf sitting in the car in one of them, she didnt like that thats for sure! lol

damnit buddy you shoulda said you were in Taunton! :p

the bumper should suit Loverly :p

SHIT! Sorry mate, hadnt realised you lived down there, may well have been able to give you a shout, insaying that, we didnt get down there till gone 8pm and by the time we got home it was about half 10. And i must be honest for some reason the drive down made me real tired. And my eyes were killing, every f*cker seemed to have their lights on full beam on the motorway!? crazy people.

Will give you a shout next time mate! Maybe you could come up to one of the south wales meets somtime? :)

Cheers for the comments lads, will keep updating as i go along.