Ramsey's Glanza Build

Rite, writing up a build thread has been on the cards 4 a while…. Well a year lol just never got round to it till now, so hear goes

Bought my 96 Glanza V roughly a year ago now, ive had loads ov cars and this 1 has got 2 be the best 1 so far, I don’t usualy keep them long and its looking like ill have my we V 4 many years to come!

This is how it looked when I bought it

photo0020bo3.jpg

photo0019ly3.jpg

photo0018ekz1.jpg

It had a few mods,

15” ROTA slip’s

5 Zegin exhaust

TRD lowering kit

MOMO steeering wheel

HKS 60mm boost gauge

Dump valve

Boost upped tp 0.8 bar

I ran about in it 4 a few months, but I couldn’t handle the seriously slowness, so I started modding

First came a set of D2 coilovers to get her a bit lower

ee5b1pn1.jpg

Being new to the starlet scene I went and bought sh*te

Autobahn FMIC

Speedvision stainless manifold and decat

autobahnur6.jpg

photo0081mj9.jpg

I had these bits lying around 4 untill I chose witch turbo to go 4, decided on a GT-Spec hybrid from tong turbos anlong with a HKS actuator

photo0079zs9.jpg

So once I took delivery of the hybrid, I started fitting all the new parts over my Xmas holidays. also gave the underside and wheel arches a thick layer of waxoil when the exhaust and suspention was off!

photo0076uv3.jpg

photo0080qn3.jpg

photo0077so8.jpg

photo0073yu4.jpg

Nearly ready 4 the road

photo0083tn8.jpg

Fitted a cheeeky fordge MBC

photo0086qa4.jpg

Oh and also fitted a sard FPR set it at 2.5bar and .8bar ov boost to be safe and took it 4 a blast, I was very impresed with the gt-spec hybrid pulled very well with such low boost!

Few pics after a wash

photo0053ga8.jpg

photo0054mt3.jpg

After a few days of .8bar, turned it up 2 a bar using a greddy bcc. Realy made a big difrance and woz happy with that 4 a while!

Fitted a TRD short shift

photo0113ld8.jpg

After a few months my manifold cracked! So started ripping it apart again!!!

And fitted RR manifold and Decat,

photo0127tq0.jpg

I thought why not get a beter FMIC at the same time, and a new radiator as mine woz leaking (alloy 1 was much cheeper than origonal toyota)

pic0684zx0.jpg

pic0685cc2.jpg

pic0686an2.jpg

pic0687eu5.jpg

pic0688vk9.jpg

pic0689qa3.jpg

pic0690gn0.jpg

pic0691vl2.jpg

After all this she deserved a full velet!

photo0136qp7.jpg

photo0137ur1.jpg

photo0138mm8.jpg

w800.png

Fitted these integra dc2 recaro seats

pic0694zc6.jpg

After a while I relized these are to good 4 a track car so sold them and put these in

pic0694tq6.jpg

Changed from TRD shifter, 2 C’s shifter (in my opinion is much beter)

pic0706uf5.jpg

Rite im going to miss out some progress for now, recently fitted a jam ecu and ran 1.2 bar and it woz wikid

jamecuot1.jpg

So a couple ov weeks later a mate wanted 2 buy may set up…… im here again lol

pic0709gr5.jpg

pic0708gc5.jpg

Bought this a few months eriler so I can take my time with the glanza and still hav a nice drive oh and 50mpg and all the gagets u would ever want lol

g1yw4.jpg

Looked terable so changed it in 2 this

g3ty2.jpg

g2vc7.jpg

Got a smaller spoiler, but its not yet fitted due 2 my painter a fanny and droping it after painting it! And never getting round to redoing it!

Back to glanza

My mate mate needed a new head so went halferz on an engine from fishygt with a fucked botom end so I could use the botom end for a forgie!

4eftefofgiels0.jpg

New parts have been flooding in …….

Picked this wee fuker up 4 30 quid, wouldn’t realy buy sumthing like this but it woz cheep

p13yz8.jpg

Cheep and cheerfull, canny go wrong

pic0711lk9.jpg

Wos after a egt gauge and noticed this, boost gauge and egt in1, so I thot y not treat myself and 100quid new woz a bargin?

pic0712et9.jpg

Wideband bung

pic0713jd2.jpg

Turbo smart external wastgate and MBC

pic0708rw9.jpg

Another omori gauge

93119265km0.jpg

And an adaptor 2 suit

55769047wp0.jpg

Few gaskets ill be needing

gasuo5.jpg

Got this ported and polished head on the way from steve! To go on my to be forged block

dsc00345zi5.jpg

Im now skint lol, once I get my other glanza sold ill have sum more 2 spend. Cant wait!

Got some work wheels to put slicks on 4 the track

pic0709sl5.jpg

Wheel nuts and valves and some vacume hose 4 the engine bay

boltszx1.jpg

Looks good mate some similar bits to mine, love the max power breather filter! :lol: :lol:

One thing though, why have you heat wrapped the intercooler piping from the turbo? The heat keeps the heat in the material rather than out of it, you should use reflective tape to keep the heat out of it.:lol:

I want to see the next stages of this and the other donor glanza.

minted mate you have been around long enough, good to see your car finaly, my silver beest is running almost the same setup,

a bar on the gt spec is savage!

wheres this other glanza you have?

cheers 4 all the coments! its in bits again lol, manifold, decat, turbo are all sold. ready 4 some new bittys over the winter! inc enzos new turbo! an manifold from killamats

lol, changed the maxpowr breather ages ago, fuking pissed oil alover the place!

enzo- the white glanza's sitting at my house waiting 4 a gearbox so i can take out the wild LSD box 4 my black 1. not sure on the make of LSD but is rough az fuk hehe

ill get sum more posted soon

cheers,

Ramsey

haha, tell me about it mate, im guted! but they wer way 2 nice 4 track, geting in and out with dirty clothes, they just dont deserve that lol

your projects coming along sweet, im keeping my eye on it! nice work