Test drove a ep91 auto 1996

Just come back from test driving a ep91 glanza v auto silver. First thoughts were not that impressivew as it has damage to front wing and door passenger side. the previous owner to the guy selling removed air con which is a need for me, air filter is this right? and god knows what else. On the car its got a poorly fitted boost gauge a BOV that spits out oil everytime you release the throttle. the car looks ok for a project he is asking 1800 i said i would not even pay that no disrespect to glanza owner but it wasnt as good as the car i see on here today.

I have a few questions i know its an auto but i dont want a super car as i have a smal family i will mainly use it to drive to and from work and a few trip here and there.

Ok back the the questions

1. on the gear selector there are a few things i don't know like

i know

P= park

D=drive

2=second

L=it think first please correct me if i am wrong

2. there is a red button on the top right of the gear panel dont have a clue what that is

3. what the heck is the power and manual buttons on the dash?

what should else should i be looking at when looking at autos. please help also he did drop the price down to 1600 but i know he would go lower as he is desparate.

bad points

damage to front wing + door

air con removed (which you need?)

bov spits out oil (possible turbo problem)

air filter, no doubt a HKS one = fail

and god knows what else meaning you dont sound convinced its a good,solid maintained motor

im not sure i think wallace is kinda right...i`d walk away bud cheap or not it will cost more to put right n if its for the family you will need it to be there

You'll just be buying yourself £1800's worth of problems Kalem mate.

You dont need a glanza to get the family about, project car yes.

But if you must buy one, bide your time and get a mint example.

Joz