HHHMMMM CAR AINT RUNING?

My car was idling like crap the other day so I figured since I just got it, it may have been awhile since anyone changed the oil out. I decided to go ahead and change the oil. I used Mobile 1 synthentic oil like I was reccomended. Anyways, I drain out the oil and noticed it was extremely dark and even after 10 minutes of draining, it was still coming out. I decided to go ahead and flush it to make sure all the bad stuff got out. I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok). Anyways, About 3 minutes into this, then engine starts shaking and shuts off. I figured it was all cleaned out so I plugged it up, added the oil and figured I was ready to go. WRONG! The car won't freaking start now. This car has been nothing but trouble for me, I think I am done with it.

Are you serious???!!! You "flushed" the oil out with a hose!?!?!?! With the engine running!?!?!?!?!!?

Seriously I assume your taking the piss, if not then I'm sorry but you're a fucking idiot you've probably hydrolocked your engine, whoever told you that would be ok to do is an even bigger fucking idiot.

This is gonna become like the thread about porting and polishing an engine using a a bag of sand.

Who gave you this advice Ross???

The common consensus is to not to let water get into your engine AT ALL... The oil will not be completely flushed for starters.

Why do you think blown headgaskets are a bad problem, its because water has got through to the engine and mixed with the oil.

The two should NEVER be mixed, especially in the case of a vehicle engine!

The only water that should go in is for the radiator and cooling system and thats separate for a reason.

It sounds to me like you may have royally fucked the engine. It needs oil to run and operate/lubricate its moving parts...

I hope you are pulling our legs dude for your sake.

Joz

lmao thing is the bright people would notice... that ive had my starlet for over 8 months... so its safe to say i have serviced it a fair few times lmao.

Doesn't mean you've ever serviced it yourself, plus you were going on about getting a new glanza so I thought you'd maybe got it.

you arse Rosscock!!

if its idling poorly.. make sure its not the little square box thing to the left hand side of the engine bay, only a small 3cm squared box, and has a little pipe that leads to the inlet mani... if its not connected it could be that, i removed mine once and put it back in a while after and it idled like shit.. i hadnt connected the little pipe but it took me ages of looking to find why lol