@ Glanza87 - Fair enough i see what car enthusiast you are. You have a fast car for a reason but the circumstances you are talking about a never the right conditions on a public road. Yet again i have done this before, which i hold my hands up to, but that doesn't make it right because i've done it. Everyone who puts there foot down is a tit. I know it when i do it but there is a time and a place like a proper track for it.

You may have never had an incident at these meets you are talking about but what if someday some heavy footed tit slides a large car like a 200SX, or something just as big, in to every person watching. All it takes is one mistake and it could change someones life forever or kill them.

I work in a law firm and have seen many photos of crashes including street racing as the bodies or badly injury don't look pretty.

Bourkey

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave my opinion and that is all it is, an opinion. Calling me a bell, idiot just makes me laugh a little at all the people on this sight! In my mind what is the point in modding a car if you do not use it to its potential. If you drive around like a granny and stick to the speed limits then you have just thrown alot of money down the drain! In my opinion!

I have not been rude on this subject at all. But alot of you have been so far! You clearly are not open to others views, which makes you immature yourselves! I cant justify what i do but can give my opinion on this subject. Many of you seem to think negative of it, which is fair enough!

''I guess your a part of the bunch of people I hear tear past my house at like 1am. The sort of people who go out late at night to find races and meet up with other like-minded idiots.'' Adding to this statement, i am not like this if you actually read what i have said!

Montanajr- I feel that you clearly have a strong opinion on this subject and my words are clearly upsetting you! If you have something to say then say it dont hold back!

Bourkey- Appreciate what you have said but there are too many enthusiasts that I have met that come to this meet who have spent alot of money on there cars and are running big power! They do it at there own risk! The strip has nothing to crash into apart from two fields either side! No one spectates like pod, its not like that. I have seen vids on this sight of that civic racing other cars and they do it in an open public area, running towards and past the camera man! No 1 has once commented on how stupid they are! There just tuners that are having fun! Which is exactly what i do!

If you ever came to our event then you could all see for yourselves how it works. You could then have your own opinion, but untill then i dont think you can run me to the ground for what i do, and thousands more of others do!

I gave my opinion and that is all it is, an opinion. Calling me a bell, idiot just makes me laugh a little at all the people on this sight! In my mind what is the point in modding a car if you do not use it to its potential. If you drive around like a granny and stick to the speed limits then you have just thrown alot of money down the drain! In my opinion!

I have not been rude on this subject at all. But alot of you have been so far! You clearly are not open to others views, which makes you immature yourselves! I cant justify what i do but can give my opinion on this subject. Many of you seem to think negative of it, which is fair enough!

''I guess your a part of the bunch of people I hear tear past my house at like 1am. The sort of people who go out late at night to find races and meet up with other like-minded idiots.'' Adding to this statement, i am not like this if you actually read what i have said!

Montanajr- I feel that you clearly have a strong opinion on this subject and my words are clearly upsetting you! If you have something to say then say it dont hold back!

Bourkey- Appreciate what you have said but there are too many enthusiasts that I have met that come to this meet who have spent alot of money on there cars and are running big power! They do it at there own risk! The strip has nothing to crash into apart from two fields either side! No one spectates like pod, its not like that. I have seen vids on this sight of that civic racing other cars and they do it in an open public area, running towards and past the camera man! No 1 has once commented on how stupid they are! There just tuners that are having fun! Which is exactly what i do!

If you ever came to our event then you could all see for yourselves how it works. You could then have your own opinion, but untill then i dont think you can run me to the ground for what i do, and thousands more of others do!

no matter what you say, what your backing up is highly illegal stupid and dangerous, theres nothing you can say that changes this. your fighting a losing battle so give up mate.

whats more of a waste of money? modding your car and waiting until its appropriate to use the power eg on a track or modding your car then losing your licence/having the car confiscated/crippling yourself and at worst killing yourself and not being able to use the power EVER?

sorry bout the bell comment was rather drunk

Well i cant see what i am doing wrong. In my mind im just having fun! I could get hit by a bus tommorow so i am not going to worry about death or what i am doing.

Fair enough for your opinion, tis appreciated but i am going to keep doing what i love. Sorry to hear that no1 else has to back me up! But at least i finally got to have a proper thorough discussion with some of you! Thank you all for your comments!

Regards Johny

did have.. 07 fiesta zetec 1.25 .. untill it got smashed up :surrender: ..

xo

Then you'll find the N/A Starlets surprisingly nippy for a 1.3, with a few mods they will beat most 1.4s.

As for speeding or whatever, everyone puts their foot down, it's a fact. But knowing where and when it's safe to do so makes the difference between a dickhead and a good driver who's just having fun.

@glanza87, if you win a drag race do all the bitches come over and pay you lots of attention?

this goes on over here too, bein honest ive attended one or two myself, parked my car in seperate carparks tho and walked to where the actions happening, seen a glanza go upsidedownsies last year actually, and everyone just legged it, cars flyin out from everywhere trying to get away from the area, i jus walked back to my car and drove off, the glanza was burnt out within 5 mins! some seriously dangerous stuff goes on but all that happens is more people cheer or beep in appreciation makin the lads in cars keep goin.

there is always the comedy factor at these events though, when someone is tryin to do a burnout in their 1.3 civic or punto or somethin and the engines just go pop, cant help but laugh!

i personly dont go to orgonized street races but at the same time you cant stop it.

yea i speed love the power from my glanza ill have a little blip past a car nuthing much

to be honnest i used to be a bad driver when i look back now got points for speeding

but then i carmed down a lot.

but at the end of the day people do what people do cant stop it.

well thats my 50c

• 6 months later...