My Automobile (work In Progress)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking super nice but that exhaust is well tucked under your bumper... why is it so far back?? they usually sit out a couple of cm/inches from the bumper to expel heat, and the odd flame haha

i knoo dude its touching the bumper but just bought some powerflex exhaust hangers there to stop the vibration and at the weekend going to lower the backbox a wei bit so it isnt touching :D

its got somthing to do with the exhaust system and the SPS decat its happend to most people with this exhaust system weird like but all is good

yer many thanks to me

lol hows that you only showed me the exhaust hangers :thumbsup:

I HAVE HOT HEAT IN THE CAR WOOOO, sorry just been a year now and its been a nightmare lol

what A FUCKING BIAaaaaTCH THIS WAS...... never doing this again it took 9 hours to do so fidley!!

needs a goooood clean as it is manky inside

23012010225.jpg

23012010231.jpg

well i kno its not a starlet, (my mates colt) but 1st engine we have ever taking out went pretty well actually :thumbsup:

2litre fto engine is going in soon.... had almost everything changed to evo bits

29012010247.jpg

29012010250.jpg

my number plates finally moved lol

29012010248.jpg

yeah having it there is a bit hit and miss... my mate, ran his glanza with his like that's except on the passenger side for like over a year no problems... i rock a slightly smaller then average plate in the normal place and they basically bum the sit out of me and fine me :angry2:.

but still looking mint! :thumbsup:

and an fto in a colt!... will be immense :)

cheers for the comments guys its just for the time been as i keep meaning to get a smaller one and relocate it

well abit peed of since i hit my car yesterday in to a curb of the stupid fucking snow again! and now my wheel looks like this very angry as i have spent ages getting it setup properly took the wheel of and no sign of damage so i am hoping it is just the tracking that needs done people on TGTT say looks like a bent lower arm :thumbsup:

steering wheel is straight and looks like this! :)

30012010254.jpg

Hmmm thats strange.

The only thing I can think of is where the bottom of the coilover bolts to the hub, maybe they werent very tight and caused the strut to go out of alignment. Try slackenning off the nuts and push the top of the hub back and tighting it back up see if that makes a difference.

right had the tracking done and it is still toeing well to the left so i had futher inspection with my father and the track rod is a wei bit bent as the track rod end :harhar: so ordered new bits from cam skills and fitting it this weekend hopefully what a right fuck on!!

• 2 weeks later...

ohh also from my little bump on the curb i have got that sorted out as well fitted new track rod and track rod end and had tracking setup and camber its all back to normal again wheels straight :D all going very well.......for now :(

going for a autobahn fmic aswell as i want a smaller core for when i get the TOMS front bumper :(