GCSE History...

Muggins here took History for my gcse's.

We are just coming up to our mock gcse's and we have been working on the Feminism for our coursework.

Now we have had 5 questions to answer in essay style... this is rather much of a piss take tbh.

5 weeks our homework is to write atleast 3 pages for an essay on each question.

I may just be getting stressed out with it but did anyone else take history for a gcse and think it is a total waste of time?

i count the stitches in my poloshirt while im in there.

I took it so i didnt have to do french or german (crap at other languages) and wish i didnt tbh..

Kennedy, il drop you a PM should i need help :lol:

Thanks for te offer man :(

Geography = FTMFW....i wanted to take history as i always got high marks and enjoyed it but it got full up as did RE when it came to picking "options" so i stuck with n came out with a B. Took it for my A-levels too got a few B`s in the modules but overall got a D. Cant remember anything for the life of me from college but a few things frm school....which is odd? :harhar:

I don't wanna sound like an old man, but GCSE's really are a doddle compared to what comes after. But saying that, its important to do well in them! They count a lot when applying to universities etc. I dropped history as soon as I could (Year 9) as I hated it! But I did English A Level and they had us doing 1 x 2000 word essay per week, but you've got to do 15 pages in 5 weeks! That is actually quite a lot! Are they just making you do them, then choosing your best one to use as coursework??

Agree ^ when i look back now i kik myself for not trying harder.....they set you up for life. Eveywhere you go, you will be asked for a minimum of C in maths + english.

Same here! My mum and Dad always used to tell me how important they were, and that I have better things availble to me than they did when they were young. But I didn't do as best as I could in my GCSE's. And now I wish I had of done well, and gone to college to study fashion. But now, even though I am only 21, I feel too old to go back to college. Plus I couldn't afford it.

Had a little word with the Head master today - discussing my grades..

Maths and english are getting better than last year (above pass grade last year anyway - so muchos improvement)

my art lowered - but this was before our own topics so it should rise again.

history im predicted something like a D in achievement, and E in my current efforts.. ohwell :harhar:

I only did the main GCSE's (English/Maths/Science) because I did a two day college course for the last two years of school (Engineering).

I got a C for science (fuck knows how because I only did two or three science lessons in the whole of year 11) and shit for maths/english. But I didn't bother collecting the certificates anyway so basically I've came out of school with fuck all.

School is utter bollocks (depending on what you want to do for a job/career). And how the fuck can you get a low grade for English when you can perfectly speak and understand anyone else who speaks English?! Fuck school, I'm glad I'm out of there.