• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minted mate glad you got her home safely :)

So come on, tell us what shes like ;)

Well it drives really like you went back 20 years in time :ph34r:

Driving is hard work, it's noisy, the suspension is hard as hell, the steering is like driving a lorry.

But it's al worth it if you step out the car and look at it :D

Also the sound is amazing, i only been driving it with the bung in the exhaust, but even then it's sound so sweet.

Tomorrow i'm ordering a set of xxr 002:

XXR_501_002.jpg

They're really played out, but they're cheap and wide. Probably will use them as long as i not moved closer to work.

I might need them for the Dutch MOT.

I checked the body and it seems almost rust free so far. Have to get it on a bridge soon to make absolutely sure.

May I add that I am just one of many people that are very jealous right now! I've had all the front drive versions and would die to get hold of one of these... If only I'd known 10years ago when I could have got 1 for 1500quid!

By the brake dust on the rear dishes... looks like she performed well :D

Anybody knows a good product to clean brake dust from wheels?

I've tried one of the meguiars wheel cleaners today, but that only helped a bit.

The previous owner didn't clean them too often i guess so the wheels are really dirty.

Probably need a full polish eventually, but for now i like them as clean as possible.

just make sure u dont use any products with acid in as it will f*ck your lip up man! just give them some hard graft, take ya time on them, maybe buy some rim polish

Will do :D

Got the wheels a little cleaner today.

Might give it a go again tomorrow.

Also checked what the sound is without the bung in the RS*R exhaust....damn it's so freaking loud.

Will definitily get me in trouble with the cops around here.

Yesterday i bought a replacement filter for the HKS filter, the one in there now looks so bad.

I hope the new wheels get here this or next week, then i get some cheap tires and throw them on there for now.

The Hayashi will go to someone that can polish them for me.

wow! thats strange, i actually looked at this car myself on driftworks and was amazed at how awesome it looks!

one of the best 86's i've ever seen!! cant wait to see some of your photography with it!

Will get some good shots when i have my plates :)

Some pictures i made today of the engine and interior:

1pge8l.jpg

34rbtaw.jpg

2dul2lw.jpg

oic2ew.jpg

nw7qd.jpg

That's one of the bad bits, the engine bay not sprayed white.

Maybe a nice project for the future.

Bilberry wheel cleaner would be perfect for those mate, it's non-acidic too.

You wouldn't be able to buy it off the shelf though, plenty of detailing shops sell it over here, I have no idea how likely you are to get it in NL.

Use the Bilberry to remove as much crap as possible, maybe some good tar remover too, then polish them with Autosol metal polish..

Hope that helps!

I love it but where has the Bride seat gone??

Wasn't included in the sale unfortunatly.

I bought the rails from the seller though, so i can easily get a new one.

Kevin isn't using the bride seat from my old Glanza, so i might buy that back.

Bilberry wheel cleaner would be perfect for those mate, it's non-acidic too.

You wouldn't be able to buy it off the shelf though, plenty of detailing shops sell it over here, I have no idea how likely you are to get it in NL.

Use the Bilberry to remove as much crap as possible, maybe some good tar remover too, then polish them with Autosol metal polish..

Hope that helps!

Thanks!

I used a 'brillo pad' (not sure if that's the correct translation or if it is a US thing) to get the really black stuff off the wheel.

So it's looking a lot better now. If i get the new wheels these can go to the polisher right away.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly do think this is one of the best looking cars I've ever seen, I could stare at it for hours.

Did you buy some metal polish mate? You don't have to work it in for hours but it'll give them quite a bit more of a shine from minimal effort.

Give it a shot, only costs a few quid over here.

I honestly do think this is one of the best looking cars I've ever seen, I could stare at it for hours.

Did you buy some metal polish mate? You don't have to work it in for hours but it'll give them quite a bit more of a shine from minimal effort.

Give it a shot, only costs a few quid over here.

Thanks mate.

It might work for the front one's, those are not too bad yet.

The rears need a proper polishing.