Ok so if you remove it then you would surly have to cover it as the air will be escaping out ignore me if i talking rubbish lol.

Nah you'll just be sucking (unfiltered) air through it into the engine.

Shouldn't be too hard to bung up, just find something that fits and jubilee clip it.

If you have cash to splash though the best option is probably a K&N Apollo or BMC CDA filter or even the expensive Pipercross Viper. But to be honest for the money I see no problem with a simple open filter, it does the job, it sounds good, and it's cheap.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Asda - I had an open filter. It was rubbish. The heat soak you get from it is shocking. I would have put the airbox back in but i give it away to Idrees. Stick to the air box trust me. For cleaning the k & N you can just wash it under the tap with soap but there is some special air filter oil you have to add to it after cleaning it :).

Bourkey

PM'd sorry for the late reply.

Ok so if you remove it then you would surly have to cover it as the air will be escaping out ignore me if i talking rubbish lol.

I cut the end of a broom handle off and a jubilee clip to hold it, worked fine.

Jack

IMAGE_001221.jpg

With the radiator moved over so the filter has a direct flow of air this is the best setup, but you're fucked if you go through any big puddles and the filter will need changing more often because of the amount of dirt down there.

ah well i got a filter cleaning kit so no probs :(

on the right hand side off the rad there is a hole, i placed i flextube there to direct the air to the filter.

with this setup it makes quite a bit of noise :thumbsup:

the piping increases the sound.

ah well i got a filter cleaning kit so no probs :(

on the right hand side off the rad there is a hole, i placed i flextube there to direct the air to the filter.

with this setup it makes quite a bit of noise :thumbsup:

the piping increases the sound.

Mine makes alot of noise too, it's good though, if you open the throttle only a little bit (for normal driving) you still have a very quiet car, you wouldn't even know any difference between a standard airbox.

But past 4k rpm at WOT is rather loud.

• 2 months later...

Just a thought but what if someone gets intercooler piping for the TB side and whacks a filter on the end of it?

would be alot easier....just the filter would get REALLY dirty....or mabe have something like the

TB> Flexi > Enclosed filter > Intercooler piping to the bottom?

Hope keirz doesnt mind but this is and excellent picture of what i mean.....the works already done

Picture013-1.jpg