Back jap again, Evo IV

Well i have finally bought myself another jap car it is a blue mitsubishi evo I've just been to pic it up with my mate, needs a bit tlc but is mechanically sound. Chuffed to bits with it. Only got these 2 pics for now as it is dark but i will get some propper ones up when i get back on wed.

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0088-1.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the club mate! :)

if your not already then get on the MLR! :)

whats going on with the half a garage? :p

Lmao half a garage, it used to be an old coal shed a lot of years ago but we demolished it to get my cars in. Yeah i have joined the MLR Ryno. Cal the crank walk dont really bother me as we stroked my mates VI to a 2.3 a few months ago and he has said i can have all his old parts if anything goes wrong :p

I will try and get some better pics on wed when i am back home phil.

yeah blue I've's are sexy as fuck!! it's exacly what i was after until i got mine! :)

oh and Cal...... STFU, stop copy & pasting everything you read others say.... unless you have had any experience with crank walk?!?! every car has issues, if there was one without any then everyone would have it!

All evos I-VI apart from 200 ralliart I've's that were uk cars, From what i can remember the specs are 3" cat back RSR exhaust, hks induction kit, some sort of bov but i cant find it :) hks coilovers with adjustable top mounts koyo radiator. Thats about all i think i have just ordered my cat 1 alarm so will fit that at work sometime this week as well as the de limiter. Here is a few pics from the for sale ad until i get home.

PICT00011.jpg

evoengine1.jpg

f*%k you on about? every one knows about crank walk issues with evo 4's... why would i even bother going on google to find out about it... jeeeez

whats spec on this john?jw this is a bit of a n00b q but ive always wondered, all all evos imports? :thumbsup:

Rofl. I "know" about the issues because I read about it online, I haven't owned an EVO or even have a friend that has an Evo that as suffered from crank walk - therefore I really shouldn't be offering advice regarding it as I actually really "know" jack shit apart from its definition.

I "know" about building engines because I have read lots about it, but I haven't actually built one myself - so again I wouldn't offer any advice/or talk about it as if I have experience.

very nice mate :thumbsup:

you forgot to mention you have a Blitz rad cap too! :(

what the ARC sticker from? the manifold heat shield?

Cal's right, thats the stock recirc bov down by the battery with the red hose coming off it!

.... still got a grin from ear to ear as your driving around!?

Yeah that is what is confusing me about the bov, surely the re circ don't dump does it? i am not sure what the arc sticker is off by the time i drove home on sunday it was dark so couldn't look around properly. I will be getting the front bumper off over the weekend to see if there are any hidden goodies on it. It does have a lot of pivot temperature indication stickers dotted around the engine bay which are quiet cool.

Well i have been out playing for the first time properly tonight, absolutely love it ha ha. My cat 1 alarm and speedo converter arrived today so hopefully i will be able to get them fitted once i am back in the factory tomorrow.

Well i have just ordered some new brakes for the car. I had 3G 20 groove discs on the starlet and was very impressed with them, so i phoned 3G up and after having a long chat decided to go with there recomendation of 3G 10 groove discs with ferrodo pads. Came in at £252 which i was very happy with considering the price of discs alone from some places!.