Back jap again, Evo IV

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brake upgrade! i like your thinkin dude! nice one!

Phil.

Yeah it needs it mate, the original ones aren't very good lol. Am going to order a set of these HEL braided lines but i am stuck between the neon blue and the carbon black, or i could get the green to go with the teins. Decisions decisions ha ha.

HEL Braided lines

Edit: i have just ordered the carbo-black ones and 2 ltrs of ATE super blue racing brake fluid, so hopefully come next weekend the lot will be on the car

nice car dude, i was speakin to my mate who has a 4 and he said there quite rare in blue? only thing im not to keen on is the rocker cover colour...

tucka

That is the standard colour for the rocker mate, that white stripe is some sort of heat barrier lol, plans are to give it a good bit of tlc and then get an evo 6 ecu and injectors and get it mapped.

Ah ok mate cheers, i was thinking of the 6 one because my mate has a spare one and 550cc injectors lying around that he is not using. Are the 7 ones just plug and play do you know or will i have to get some sort of wiring harness? i have been down to mitsubish today to see if there are any recall notifications on my car, should find out next week.

Well my HEL braided lines arrived today and i am very impressed by them, lets hope they perform as well as they look. Also managed to get the speedo converter/delimiter fitted, and the rest of the alarm done, just need to run the 2 wires for the central locking motor and get my mate to wire it up.

DSC_0089-2.jpg

DSC_0090-1.jpg

Well the rest of my parts arrived for my brakes today so i will get it all fitted on saturday.

3G 10 Groove discs,

Ferodo racing pads,

HEL Braided brake lines,

ATF Super blue racing brake fluid.

Hopefully this should sort out the braking side of things.

DSC_0092-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well i have finally had time to fit the new brakes and found out why they were shit, the pistons were seazed in both calipers and the whole sliding assembly was siezed on the passanger side. Stripped them down and got rid of all the rust and greased all the pistons. It looks to have had possibly cusco or project mu pads on it all of which have loads of meat on them so they will do for spares.

Before

DSCF0550.jpg

After

DSCF0551.jpg

Braided lines

DSCF0552.jpg

Cool car my mate just brought a 4 and its fukkin lush i went and got a quote str8 away got ot wait 8 months befor ei can afford the insurance and seein this thread just makes me want it more lol keep this thread updated ;)

Looks very nice :thumbsup: May i ask what mpg do you get out off the car Im interested in a evo aswell

Thanks mate, i have no idea what the mpg is as it is only a weekend toy. To be honest if you are worried about fuel don't buy one lol i still put about £40 a week in and it is only used on weekends.

Just bought some Royal Purple for when i do the oil change.

DSCF0554.jpg

DSCF0555.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well it has been a busy day today dropped the oil and put in my royal purple, it was quiet funny when i started topping up the oil and realised that it was actually purple oil and not just the name lol. Fitted a cheap boost gauge until i can afford some defi's haven't tried it yet as i have been washing the car for tomorrow as it is going on the japnortheast stand at round 1 of JDM allstars.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some Defi's for sale mate :mellow:

In fact the sandwich plate and water temp sensor is probably suited to Evo's etc as they are too big for the Starlet.

Let me know if your interested :)

I have some Defi's for sale mate :)

In fact the sandwich plate and water temp sensor is probably suited to Evo's etc as they are too big for the Starlet.

Let me know if your interested :lol:

Cheers sparky but i have just got a cheap autogauge on for now as there are other things i need to spend money on first.

Haven't really done much to the car for a while, when bish wired up my alarm i removed the clock and fitted the turbo timer in it's place. This left a big hole around the timer so the other night me and my dad made a plate to cover the hole using some mdf and plywood, Quiet happy with the result and it looks 100% better than the cardboard i was using to hold it in place lol. I also fitted a cheap boost gauge just to find out what pressure it was running, and my Harmon Kardon ipod thing. My Tial bov also arrived from Reyland the other week but i am still waiting for the weld on adapter for it. Will update once i get the hard pipes made up. The rest of the engine parts like rocker cover etc will be powder coated the same colour as the bov.

DSC_0524.jpg

DSC_0526.jpg

DSC_0527.jpg

DSC_0529.jpg

DSC_0528.jpg

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg